read..only if you will respond......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Jul 31, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i need a very good probiotic for my very bad indigestion.....anyone
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I would suggest a probiotic with multiple strains in it - Prohealth do a good one called Jarrodophilus but I'm sure there are others just as good as well.

I think you need one with 2 billion plus and it needs to be "live" - apart from the one I mentioned, good health food stores stock some in the fridge section and for me, they are the best but you need to keep them in the fridge and take just before a meal.

Love Bunchy x
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

honestly probiotics made me feel way, way worse.....I understand all the reasons for taking them, but they did not help me with stomach issues at all, and they did make me feel worse overall.....there was a recent thread on here that explained why - acidophilous can create lactade (sp?) and hydrogen sulfide as byproducts and those both make people tired...and the hydrogen sulfide is the stuff that has recently been in the news as a possible cause/contributor to CFS....can cause all sorts of big problems (inc stomach issues, brain fog, extreme fatigue, etc)....I wish I had known about this stuff before I tried probiotics

sorry I know that doesn't help with your indigestion question, but I hope maybe this will help save you from going thru what I did for the last several months....or if you do try probiotics anyway and have a bad reaction, at least you will have an idea what is causing it
  4. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

We have several great probiotics you can try, including Jarro-Dophilus EPS, ProDophilus with EPS, Ultimate Flora and Acidophilus Pearls.

If you find that one doesn't work for you, you can return it for a refund.

Also, you can get free shipping right now if you click on the banner below your post.

Hope you find something that works for you.

5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Rather than use probiotics in pill or capsule form, I make Kefir from live grains. Kefir is similar to yogurt, however, it has a couple of different types of yeast which over power candida yeasts, it has many different types of beneficial bacteria, and is also very high in minerals, essential amino acids, and B vitamins.
  6. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I'd recommend aloe vera, it's wonderful for a lot of things, especially digestion, and has been around *lol*
  7. panthere

panthere Member

I like these
  8. spacee

spacee Member

I have tried the VSL probiotic that Dr. DeL recommended at one time and now we are not sure. It shut down my whole digestive tract. I went to a colonist get better.

I like the pearls sold here.

All that to say I don't even have IBS. Was just trying the VSL cause it is suppose to help with a fatty liver (mine is slightly). And the pearls I take cause I am on an antibiotic.

I hope you find something that helps.

9. simpsons

simpsons Member

have had great success with pro biotics myself. i am sorry i can not recommend a particular one but others have and i just wanted to say that you should think as you probably are about your food allergies and if dairy makes your stomach worse you should go for one that does not contain dairy. sorry for stating the obvious

i also believe in balance i find if i take to many i get constipated

wish i could help more but i found that looking at my diet and although i had a very good balanced diet i found that cutting out dairy eggs and wheat amongst other really helped. it was a long process but i got there in the end.

guess you read the article about the pee test and the foods that stimulate the gas as aunt tammie speaks of in her post. so cutting out those may be something you have already done or are considering

you can cultivate in products other than dairy such as fruit juice or rice milk. dr myhill has a product that you can do that with should you not have success with the pr health products that holly advises

10. Annettemarieschell

Annettemarieschell New Member

they seem to work for me, try the Activia!
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

If you have very bad indigestion, then it's quite possible you need digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid. My digestion improved tremendously when I started taking digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid with each meal. You can ask at your local health food store for a good brand if you like. The kind I took for several years is called Digestabs and I got them from Puritan's Pride vitamins on-line. They were a good price and worked well too.

12. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

"probiotic wanted" instead of an ambiguous title so people know what they must read only if they will respond??