Reading HLA DRB DQB tests?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by piercesdesigns, Jun 16, 2009.

1. piercesdesigns

piercesdesigns New Member

I do not have Mold Warriors yet. I am not sure when I will meet with the Dr.

Can anyone help me interpret my results?

Some background 41yr old F. Moved into a house with exposure to Mold in 07, removed mold in 08. Still dealing with issues.

HLA tests look like this:

DRB1*0701
    DRB1*12DUKV
    HLA DQ*03DFFD
    HLA DQ*03EACM
    DRB3*02EUFD
    DRB3
    DRB4 *01ARYE
    DRB4
    0103N
    0201N
    DRB5 -
    DRB5 -
  2. piercesdesigns

piercesdesigns New Member

Sorry, had to hit send quick as I am at work.

Let me explain further. I have not been formally diagnosed as CFS/FM yet.

I do know I have autoimmune issues.

My Anti-TPO is 1900. TSH is "normal".

I do have chronic inflammation and lots of the pain of CFS.

Still trying to work towards a definitive diagnosis and hopefully management of my issues.
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi piercesdesigns,

I'm sorry you're feeling so lousy.

I think you should buy a copy of "Mold Warriors".

I don't have one at the moment. I've been through two copies and tossed them because they got exposed to mold toxins. In the back are instructions on how to translate the test numbers into the genotypes. I can do it from memory, but someone with a book should check my answers.

Then you look at the Rosetta Stone, which is also on www.biotoxin.info , to see what your genotypes mean.

Okay, here's what I think you have:
    7-3-53
    12-3-52B

The first one is a mold-susceptible genotype.
    The second one is a multi-susceptible genotype.

I'm sorry to have to give you this news. But I'm really glad you took this test. It's going to be a big clue for you, I suspect.

Having the multi-susceptible genotype makes getting a diagnosis challenging. Your doctor has to figure out if you are sick from exposure to mold toxins, or from a Lyme infection. Or even one of the rarer biotoxins out there. But at least you know that you've had mold exposure. That might help narrow it down.

Maybe you will want to get some more of the biotoxin panel of blood tests that Dr. Shoemaker does. Maybe your doctor will want to consult with Dr. Shoemaker after that to get his opinion, if it's not clear what your issue is. I think that Dr. S is really good at diagnosing people.

Best wishes,
    Forebearance

[This Message was Edited on 06/19/2009]
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi again,

I forgot to say that a person can have more than one thing going on at once. You could possibly have both a Lyme infection and mold poisoning. Or any combination of mold, Lyme, and the rarer biotoxins.

I hope you and your doctor can figure it out.

Forebearance
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Did you get to see this thread?
  6. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, pierces (and forebearance).

For what it's worth, I agree with forebearance's interpretation of your HLA panel results. I do have a copy of Mold Warriors, and I have spoken with the LabCorp doctor who helps doctors with interpretation of these panels, so I think I have the straight story.

I, too, hope that you will be able to use this information to move toward health.

Forebearance--I think it's the height of irony that your copies of Mold Warrior had to be disposed of because they were contaminated with mold! Wow! If you don't mind, I'm going to pass that on to Dr. Shoemaker, but I won't use your name (or your screen name, either). I think he might get a kick out of it. Probably sells more books, too, right? :)-) Let me know if that is O.K. with you.

Best regards,

Rich
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi Rich,

Sure that's okay! Never buy a used copy of Mold Warriors!
    Thank you for checking my work.

Best regards,
    Forebearance
  8. lymebud

lymebud New Member

Hi,

Can anyone help me interpret my HLA results? I am not sure if I am reading the rosetta stone correctly.

I think I have 4-3-53 and 15-6-51. Am I right?

My HLA tests look like this:

DRB1 *0401
    DRB1 *1502

DQB1 *03DZCM
    DQB1
    0301, 0601
    0309, 0601
    0313, 0601
    0319, 0601
    0321, 0601
    0322, 0601

DRB3 ----

DRB3 ----

DRB4 *01ADH
    DRB4 ----

DRB5 *01HN
    DRB5 -

Thanks.

Lymebud
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/23/2009]
  9. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, lymebud.

Yes, I believe you did it correctly.

4-3-53, according to Dr. Shoemaker, is a "multisusceptible" genotype.

15-6-51, also according to him, is a "Borrelia, post-Lyme syndrome" genotype.

Sorry that you are so "lucky," but I'm guessing from your webname that you knew about the Lyme part already.

Best regards,

Rich
  10. lymebud

lymebud New Member

Thank you for your help Rich.

And yeah, I already know about the Lyme Disease part. I am just trying to figure out why I can't seem to make any improvements as of late. My progress seems to have come to a stand still.

Thanks again.

Lymebud

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

More and more people posting their labwork results for interpretation. Does this mean that docs are ordering test and not following up? The results should be gone over with one's doc.

Rich is a medical professional and has been so generous as have our members in helping but most of us are not medical professionals. Many of us are very good researchers and capable of hellping but nothing takes the place of discussing lab results with one's doc or getting referrals to docs who can be of further help.

Please know that I'm not against people posting lab results here and asking for help but it is bringing up a realization that docs are not following up with their patients adequately. Patients need, and deserve, comprehensive medical treatment. If a doc is concerned enough to run these tests, the least he or she can do is sit down with patients to go over them and make recommendations.

Love, Mikie