Ready For Spring

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Even though I live down here in the jungle, I like to decorate for the seasons. Mostly, I change out the wreath on my front door. I have some candles on my diningroom table and coffee table. They look like fall in shades of beige and brown. Sooooo, I got some new ones in blue, brown and white with starfish on them. Kohl's was having a big sale (when aren't they having a big sale?) so I got two throw pillows in the same colors, one with a shell on it and one with a starfish. I have a wreath with shells and starfish on it. After Valentine's day, I'll be putting up my Easter wreath with the eggs on it. Living in a condo doesn't allow for storing all kinds of decorations but I like to have a touch of the season here and there.

One thing I have found which I love are the plastic jelly decorations which stick to glass. They take up almost no room to store but really get me in the spirit for holidays. Kids love them too. My Mom was always doing special things for holidays and it has stuck with me. My kids are the same. Over time, I'm giving my cookie cutters to my grandson, Andy. His parents are foodies and love to cook and bake and so does he.

Love, Mikie