Ready to become an evil villain....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by opala, Dec 16, 2002.

1. opala

opala New Member

....and hold scientists and doctors at gunpoint until they find a cure for this....or at least SOME medication that would take the pain away for even a short period of time...

My well-meaning hubby just asked me "so, how is it on a scale of 1 to 10?" This is after he dragged me around town yesterday to holiday events for my birthday. I spent last night sitting on a freezing cold dock surrounded by drunken rednecks watching boats float by decorated with Christmas Lights. I wouldn't have minded so much if it hadn't been FREEZING out.

I'm taking cyclobenzaprine twice a day to help, and it isn't. I'm taking Vicodin for the pain, but it doesn't do anything. I'm taking Remeron to help me sleep, but I still have a hard time falling asleep at night. I'm taking a stand. I'm not going to take this lying down!!!

I want SOMETHING to ease the pain for at least a short period of time!!! I want to not feel pain, even if its just for a few minutes.

Sorry to go on and on, but I'm feeling like an angry gnome today and felt the need to vent.

Thanks for listening.
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

Hi opala~~Sounds like you're either in a bad flare, suffering from overexposure to the weather, or are undermedicated--maybe all three.

But, if your pain is never under control--then it definitely sounds as though you are undermedicated and either not receiving a strong enough dosage of the vicodan or need to change narcotic meds.

I don't know how cooperative your physician is, but you might consider trying oxycontin for longer term relief. I have FM/CFS, degenerative disc disease, osteo & rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and allergies. I take 20mgs of oxy 2x's a day and have 10mg percocet for breakthrough pain. I also take soma for muscle spasms and .5mg klonopin for restless legs & sleep.

After taking 10mgs of oxy 3x's a day for 17 months, I asked my physician to up it to 20mgs 2x's a day. The oxy gives from 8 to 12 hours of relief. Most people take higher doses than I do.

I don't know that we are ever completely pain free, but these meds help me alot--and I work. Carol...
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I know how you feel. I was in the same place not long ago. I could not get anyone to treat my pain, and was bedriddden. It makes you think of all sorts of desparate measures, unfortunately---well i guess fortunately---we would hurt to much to be able to carry thru on them.

Thank goodness I have found a Doc who has been treating my pain for 3 months now. But all kidding aside...I keep having paranoid feelings that something might happen and that would end. I fear I would be back in the same place...it's so scary.

Please get in contact with your Doc, and ask for a change, I have had to change meds a few times until finding the right combo for me. Your doctor should be willing to do this. Best wishes.....hoping you feel better.
    Karen