Ready to CRY. My wrist is hurting so badly that I can't standit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Oct 17, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am seeing my pain doctor tomorrow and I still want to ask him to reduce my MScontin as I posted last night.
    But today the weather has turned cold and wet. As it does this time of year in Northern Utah.

We joke about how fast the weather changes here. Just wait 5 minutes and it will change so don't worry about it.But it didn't work today as it has been windy and colder than ever and it is threatening to rain or snow.

May be I am a baby when it comes to my pain but this wrist is really annoying. I was gracefull 2 years ago and tripped over the side walk and shattered the left wrist and now it has a titaumiam palte and 6 screws in it.

So I sometimes wonder if the titainum plate can make my are colder as it is metal? And for the the cold only makes more pain and nothing ease's this pain.

It is deep in my bones that were put back together. And being so deep hot water and heating pads don't get deep enough to get the heat in to the bone where the pain is at it's worst.

I have tried every thing today to get this pain to ease up and nothing has helped. And I have taken my pain meds on time today and they have not got in the spot where my pain is.

When I was on the fentynal patches I really wanted to put the on the spot that was where my pain was to see if it could reach the deep pain in my bones.

But then I broke out in a horriable rash where the adhesive strip is and had to stop usuing them. But you can't put the where the pain is like on my forearme where the pain it at the worst.

I don't know what to do about this and it is makeing me angry. I am so sick of being in pain and now this weather of which I have no control over it making my night pure hell from this horriable pain.

Well I am going to go put a hot pack on my arm and hope that it will do some thing to help ease it. I just can't take it anymore my self. I am so sick of it and I am going to have to break down and see my orthopedic who did the surgery and have him look at this wrist as it is causing me more and more pain that I want it too.

I know that I was told that I was lucky to be able to have the use of the wrist and that I would have pain in it for the rest of my life and sometimes it could get really intence and stay that way for a long time.And I guess that it now.

So me and my achey wrist are going to go and put a hot pack on it and cry about it as there is nothing I can do about it now. I Just have to learn to watch where I am going and where I am walking so that I don't do it again.

Just whinning to night becuase the pain is so bad in my wrist. Whine Moan GRoan,
    OK I am done now.
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

So sorry you are hurting hon. I know how you feel. It turned cold & rainy here today (southern Ontario) and I have been achy all day. My muscles just feel exhausted and I have had a constant headache.

I know how frustrating it is to have constant pain. Sounds like you are in need of some "you time" Pamper yourself! Take a nice hot bath, listen to some favourite music, whatever makes you feel better.

hang in there, we are all here for you
    *hugs*

Bekah
  3. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

just to reply to the previous post...

Advil CAN be taken with Tylenol. My dentist, doctor and pharmacist have all told me I can take Advil with my Tylenol or T2's for my TMJ pain.

Depending on what narcs. you take though I would check and make sure.

Bekah
  4. tlayne

tlayne Member

that you are in so much pain. Please try to wrap your wrist with an ace bandage wrap as snug as you can without cutting off the circulation. If your fingers are turning cool too the touch it is too tight. If your wrist is warm to the touch and swollen you probably have inflammation, try an ice pack for 15-20 minutes and then let it rest for one hour and then the ice pack again.

Sorry, I could not read all of your post. My exhaustion is relentness. I just wanted to pop in with some suggestions that might help you. I hope you find some relief. Hugs, Tam
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

and encouragement . God bless you to a BETTER place !
  6. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Just came on the board at 2:00 p.m. and saw your message. Hopefully you are sleeping comfortabley right now. I hope you pain dr. can help, but I thing more importantley as you said, you need to see your orthopedic dr. asap.

Eileen