Ready to cry, This weather is making my flare worse!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Nov 2, 2005.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I live in Northern Utah. We have had a unuaslly nice long fall. Hotter than normal temptures ,But it is gone now.There is snow on our moutians and the wind is blowinghard. Since about two weeks ago we have had 3 srorms that have broght rain in the city and snow to the mountians.
    Now in this week we are in we are supposed to get at least 3 storms and may snow in the vallies.

My body is not liking this at all,I hvae been flaring from cleaning for a house apparisal that we were going to have, so the whole house had to be really cleaned up and since I don't have any kids at home anymore it was me & my husband who did the cleaning. The hubby did far more than I did but I am the one who is paying ofr the work.

I should have listened to the orthopedic doctor when I shattered my left wirst over a year ago. HE told me that I would have alot of severe pain in the wirst and hand . I have a plate and 6 screws in it to hold it together. And I am getting shocks that zap me when I am usuing the wrist.
    And the pain is getting worse even just to rub lotion on it. I have spoken to the doctor and all he can tell me is the same thing that I have arthritis in it and it will only get worse as time goes on.

And if that were not enough I woke up to the phone ringing this morning and I felt this wet spot on the water bed , yes up guessed it. There was a hole in it, on the husbands side of the bed. So I found the patch stuff and found the hole but trying to patch it was harder than I thought it would be. But I managed to do it and I will check it tomorrow.
    Then came the really fun stuff. Making the water bed it is a kingsize bed. And it is so hard to make it.I finally got the darned thing made but because I am not sure that the patch it good I didn't make it really good. I will have to make sure that it has stopped leaking in the morning. It is so furstrating to me that the only time it gets a leak is where the hubby sleeps that man moves more than anyone I know.

So now the bed is made and I hurt more than I did before. How I wish that this house apparized for more than it did so we could pay off the loans that we have and the credit cards and have some money to buy a good bed that I like . A intelligel bed sounds good or a temperapedic bed. But they are both costly and they are not in the prise range. WE don't ahve enough money to buy a new bed now anyway so I am stuck with the water bed that I have loved for many years. But now taht I have degenerative disc diease, spinal stenosis, 2 buldging discs L4-L5,L5-S1.

And it goes on and on. I have fibro and Chronic meyofacial pain syndrome too. I have bed knee's and I am aching so much to night that I really want to cry.

We really need to change beds and get one that is better for both my husband and I but all of the different kinds of beds that they have out now are expensive, and since I am not working not there is not any extra money comming in so I don't know when we will get a new bed.

So because I have all these problems and hurt from them. I just want to sleep better and feel better. But it is not going to happen for a long time. I can't afford a matterss pad from the temperidic beds they cost alot too. so I am up a creek.

I am so tired and in so much pain from this flare adn the weather and overding it again today. I want to cry and as I made my darn bed I would put a sheet on it and get all tucked in and I would lay down and just bawl becasue of the horrialbe pain in making it. so it took me along time to make the bed and with each layer I put on I began to hurt worse. I have been crying since then. I have just been hurting so much and I am struggleling to deal with it. I have a appt. with my pain doctor on the 17th of this moth and I will have to talk to him about what he can do to help me wit this horrid pain.

Maybe I am just being a big baby about this. It is so hard to be in this pain all the time , I am so tired of this pain and I know that it will not go away and it is some thing that I will have to live with , and I dont' want to do that. I know that all the complaining about my pain does nothing to help it, I am sorry for all the moaaning and groaning aobuat the pain I am in . AS I am sure that there are others taht have really bad pain too and I am not alone but i am being a baby about it.

I am worried aboaut this weekend. My daughter and her husband and their 7 month son my first grandson,are comming to spned the weekend with us as my SIL has Drill. And will be gone most of the days. MY Grandson is a big baby and I love to mug him and to hold him but I cna't lift him or walk and carry him as he weighs about 20 lbs.
    HE is teething too so I don't think he will be a happy boy either and my daughter has a bad cold and is stressed about it. She does not want her dad or I to get sick. But we will be fine . But she called to day and was worried about the baby as he was bleeding. His tooth had cut though his gums and was still bleeding a bit but it worried her. But I want to be able to spend time with them as I don't get to see them bery often. They live over an hours drive away , It is not that far but they drive an old car that does not get good gas milage. And with gas prices it costs so much to come here.

PLease keep me in your prayer so that when they come i will be feeeling better and not in so much pain so that I will be able to help her with the baby. I thank youf ro letting me whine at youa bout this pain.

I really don't mean to sound like a baby it is just that for the past 2 weeks I have been flaring and I am so tired of this extra pain and fatique that I have. I just want to go back to the regular pain that is always with me. YOU know that really sounds dumb to say but I am used to the everyday Pian that is in my life but then to have more added to it is some thing that is over whelming to me.

Well me and my aching body are going to take a hot bath to see if that helps me to feel better and then I am going to go to bed so that hopefully I will be albe to sleep.
    Thanks for being so kind to read this post and my whining. I try and not tell outside poeple about the pain I am in as they look at me and say " You can't always be in THAT much pain all the time"

Thanks for all that you do , all the listening to me complain. I don't tell my family that habout my pain as it does no good they don't belive that I can be in this much pain. So why tell them. Yes they can see me limp and walk like I am in my 90's and I am 49. My husband will tell me to take it easy like he did today and that was waht he said about tomorrow to. Just take it easy and rest. But I have a bed to make for the kids, and a dishwasher to load and washing to fold and put away too.

Thanks so much for your caring and concern. I thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and your friendship too. Thanks so much .
    HUGS,
    Rosemarie
  2. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I am so sorry...seems maybe many of us are having a bad week or so...and the weather is not helping either. I live in SC and it has been unseasonably cold here too makeing my bones throb endlessly.

We all say it/feel it (i just did in my post too) but you are not being a baby...our pain is real.

As for the bed...is is possible for you just to not make it? I mean I have always thought it was dumb to make it only to get back in it later and if no one goes in your room who will know? Dont feel like you have to do things like that and make yourself worse. I know that is easir said than done as I am for the most part a neat freak but I am begining to loosen up...having a 2year old has helped...cleaning is a NEVER ending battle so I have learned to let the little things (and some of the big things) go.

have you checked on the memeory foam mattress at wal=mart? they are just the toppers but they are pretty nice and have helped me some...got mine (queen) for about 60$. might would help with the holes in the water bed for now???

I will pray for you to feel better...I totally understand the "normal pain" thing. I have a certin level I can deal with when it gets worse and won;t go away or is not relived by the meds it makes coping hard.

hang in there!
    Love and hugs
    Amy
  3. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

Dear Rosemarie

I know what you mean about normal levels of pain and flare-ups. You have so many people around you that they should be able to provide support, but having people around can often make it more difficult to "soldier on" instead of falling into your own private heap of pain and have a good cry. Fortunately, when I am bad I can just be alone and that somehow makes it easier. I agree that it would be a good idea if you could try to let things hang loose a bit - and I know how difficult it can be to do. Do I sense an undercurrent of feeling that your husband could do more? Could he? It is ironic, however, that you are experiencing flare-up with the cold and I am starting to have difficulty coping with the humid hot summer and the summer storms and hail and we are starting to get now that we come into summer here in Qld Aus. Perhaps I should send you some warmth and you could send me some cold? Maybe if we even send it in our thoughts, it will help both of us. I hope you get some enjoyment out of your family's visit.

Gerardine