Real Chocolate is Endangered!! Really!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by therealmadscientist, Apr 20, 2007.

1. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

The importance of chocolate to the members of this board cannot be exaggerated. The FDA is considering a change in labeling standards to allow substitution of vegetable fats for real cocoa butter, and milk substitutes for real milk,......and still call the product chocolate!!

For your future happiness and your children's happiness please file a protest to the FDA.
    Search under chocolate FDA labeling for more info.
    Don't mess with our chocolate!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2007]
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Mess with our chocolate!!

That's got to be fradulant!!
  3. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I should buy the shirt I saw that says: "Hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt."

The person messing with the chocolate MUST be a male. He is asking for pain. That is comfort FOOD!
  4. therealmadscientist

How do I warn people!? Just because I've used humor and satire in the past doesn't mean that I not serious now!!
    Don'tmesswithmychocolate is a real website! Help! Someone please confirm that I'm not crying wolf!!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2007]
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

it was dontmesswithOURchocolate... but the website appears to be down!

I did see references to it tho when I googled the basic name... don't have time to go look at FDA site... but sure enough, it looks real to me!

-- we DO need to make our voices heard for SURE --- especially since the mfrs & everyone else are now touting the health benefits of it. Geez, is the FDA gonna let them continue to say that if the changes happen?

We also need to save our supplements, etc. btw... the gov't here keeps trying to change everything behind our backs!

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Almost everything in the world is artificial.

Along the same lines, did you know some countries are allowed to put tags on their merchandize that says "Made in America"?

It's very discouraging. I need a bon bon.
  7. therealmadscientist

Thanks Victoria.

I could have sworn that it was MY chocolate.

I love your humor posts.

Rockgor, You can have a bon bon as long as it is made low fat and contains no dairy products and no calories. Your caring government dietician. [This Message was Edited on 04/21/2007]
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

We did take you seriously, in a joking way. I think it ties in with the whole supplement thing some how.

If that real dark chocolate is actually good for us, we just may need a prescription from the dr. to get it.

And that makes me real mad!!

And please do share, it's our chocolate! LOL!

9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

good for a person, it would have to be the dark chocolate. Tastes nasty, just like some pills and cod liver oil.

Hey, Madscientist. I always took everything you said very seriously. You mean you were being humerous? BWAHAHAHAHHAH!
  10. Catseye

Catseye Member

Pure, organic, real, yummy, satisfying chocolate. Ten times better than anything Hershey's puts out. Check out empoweredfoods. I've ordered some of their chocolate bars and their "rawtella" and all of it is simply fabulous. Poo on the FDA and American company chocolate bars. Get the stuff made with cocoa butter, cocoa powder, agave nectar and other raw, unadulterated ingredients. It's so rich, a bar lasts me a few days but I only eat little bits at a time of anything anyway.

best wishes,

[This Message was Edited on 04/23/2007]
  11. therealmadscientist

Just checked and the don'tmesswithourchocolate site is back up and it is surprising easy to make a comment to FDA.
    Deadline is soon, April 25th, 2007.
    Basically, I told them that FDA could be getting into deep chocolate.

I saw a short editorial in Sacramento Bee on Friday 20th that alerted me to proposed change.

If I were not being serious I would be talking about Endangered Wild Velcros! Probably aren't any of those left anyway.
    Cheers, Mr Bill
  12. Defor

Defor New Member

I live in the UK and the National 'ME Association' and 'Action for ME' are doing a CHOCOLATE TRIAL to cure ME/CFS.

Now wouldn't that be something...cured by chocolate!

It has to be the dark chocolate with a high solids content...but hey...bring it on....someone's got to do it!

Defor. X
    [This Message was Edited on 04/24/2007]