Really Bad Day!! Dizzyness/Vomiting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jewelz, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Does anybody know of a good way to help dizzyness and vomiting!?!?!? Im so sick and tired of feeling this way day to day. I've slept most of the day because I know when i stand up Im gonna feel it, plus I woke up stiffer then a board this morning :(.. I got phenagran it helps some but doesnt take care of the dizzyness!! I would really like to know how you all have dealt with this and what you have done to help yourself.

Huggies..
  2. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

Does anybody know of a good way to help dizzyness and vomiting!?!?!? Im so sick and tired of feeling this way day to day. I've slept most of the day because I know when i stand up Im gonna feel it, plus I woke up stiffer then a board this morning :(.. I got phenagran it helps some but doesnt take care of the dizzyness!! I would really like to know how you all have dealt with this and what you have done to help yourself.

Huggies..
  3. mistyb

mistyb New Member

I had gotten extremely dizzy and very nauseous a year or so ago, and the doctor prescribed Meclizine for the dizziness. It worked like a charm. I know how you feel, it is awful. It is like being on a Merry go round and not being able to get off. Hope you feel better.

misty
  4. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Member

I very seldom ever get this, but if I do get a sick headache, I will actually take a Dramamine. You know for motion sickness. It helps. Please be sure it is safe with any other meds your are taking. It is sold over the counter but really does help for nausea and dizziness! Feel better soon!
  5. Vamp

Vamp New Member

Hi Huggies - YES - I have everyday morning nausea, often vomiting on awakening, and dizzy or I call vertigo or whatever!!!!! Balance and depth perception WAY OFF! I get what I call "black outs" yet I do not pass out ....notice them most of course when I am driving and extrememly tired, and or exhausted....NOT good I know! And some things seem to help - others not! I can control the nausea more than the dizziness or "black outs" (momentarily) ......to a degree. But nausea is something I deal with on a day to day basis - particularly mornings it seems, but can come on extrememly sudden at any given time as you probably well know.

'tis truly all a bummer Huggies, so huggies to you and don't feel like the " lone ranger"
    Vamp
  6. Jewelz

Jewelz New Member

I hate feeling that away. I got another episode this evening and my mom wanted me to go to the ER.. I told her they would probably do the same thing give me meds for a nervous stomach. Blah.. "Never works" I've had this for almost 4 months and I hate it! I can say its very challenging.. I'm going out tomorrow to get me some crackers and 7-up... To help.. I looked for a over the counter "motion sickness" pill, there is none.. Does a doc have to prescribe that med? I do find out once the dizzyness is gone my belly settles down.

--Misty-- Yes it does feel like a merry go round. Its like I just got off a horrible spinning ride at a park..

--Vamp-- I do not black out.. I bet that is horrible.. I just get all tingly like Im going to pass out any second.. Fresh air seems to help alittle, but not much.
    It gets really bad, with wanting it to end... I get so deparate!!