Really bad herxing on Olive Leaf and Lysine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by needtobreakfree, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Hi everyone. I am female, diagnosed with HHV-6 from positive PCR on whole blood (viral DNA in my blood) as well as high titres. I've been sick since Nov or Dec and was bedridden for 3 months, but now I'm partially bedridden, but totally housebound still. I'm going to try Valcyte, but am a little worried about a severe herx at week 3 like everyone talks about, because I herx off the smallest doses of Olive Leaf Extract and off Lysine. Sometimes I'll take an empty capsule and open up a capsule of either of those and put about 1/8 of the capsule into an empty one and take that, and then I get a herx reaction - super tired, weaker than I already am, sometimes a headache or dizziness. Does anybody else herx that badly off of such a small amount? Maybe it's because my viral load is so high, considering it's unusual to actually have a positive PCR of HHV-6 and not just high titres?

Has anybody else herxed really badly off of these and then went on to try Valcyte? Thank you!
  2. LymeFine

LymeFine Member

Sorry to answer you question, not completely, but to the best of my ability!

What dose of Olive Leaf are you taking? I too am loaded with viruses (or was) and my body is extremely sensitive to Olive Leaf as it is also anti-microbial. Last time I tried Lysine I did not herx, but it's been awhile. I have not tried Valcyte, but my answer is yes to your first question.

You can herx hard when your bacterial/viral load are very high. It bites, but I try my best to detox as much as possible