Really bad night last night-Help!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeresaBnGA, Feb 22, 2003.

1. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi all!
    I haven't posted in awhile. I guess you could say that I have been in remission for a little over a month. Last night was horrible. I was awaken at 2am this morning with horrible pain in my neck and shoulders and was shaking and tremoring something awful!!
    It frightened my husband and me!! I was shaking so violently and the pain was excruciating!! My husband finally insisted that he take my temperature and it was 102 degrees. Then about an hour later after the shaking started to subside, I got really hot and had to turn on the fan. I felt really clammy and sweaty.
    Now today, my neck is really hurting and my shoulder on the left side. But no fever and no signs of the flu or anything like that.
    Anyone else have similar symptoms? Any responses will be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks and soft hugs!!
    Teresa :)
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This sounds like what happens to me, but I don't have the high temp...it only feels hot to me.
    I don't think the temp would be a part of FMS, so if it happens even once more, I'd call the doctor right away and get looked at.
    In alternative medicine it is thought that the liver detoxifies itself around 3 am., and for some of us who are very toxic, this can cause us to wake up and feel pretty awful. If nothing else pans out, you might try a course of Milk Thistle to help your liver.
    best of luck,
    Klutzo
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

I would check it out with a physician. They sound like pretty good symptoms to have to experience. Hope it doesn't repeat tonight.
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

My dear friend TXRose had this happen to her; I had it happen in a slightly differently way. Ck. out SSRI syndrome ie. Tardives Dyskinesia et al. Your psychiatrist or pharmacist may be the one to ask your initial questions of. My son is trying to find his target for practice so I best grind my bones to find it. good luck....Lil'