Really confused about this DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, May 4, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have been told that I have fibro and today at my doctors the PA said that she could not find it on anypart of my chart. She could not find where is said I had fibro but since I have been told that I do have it from 2 doctors that is what I belelive. I hope that things will be straighened out. I am so tired and I will call them tomorrow and see if they can find the lost pages. OR misplaced pages.
    Thanks for eveything,Rosemarie
  2. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

I'm newly dx by gp and haven't seen a rheumatologist yet, but that's the suggestions/recommendations that I've gotten from the chats. I've got to call and set one up. GP has been trying to tell me that for years, but unfortunately I wasn't willing to accept that because of the major misunderstanding that I had of this dd at the time. Thank goodness for the education that you can get from reading some of these posts. How long have you had it?
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

bumping for you ROSEMARIE---------------------------LOVE TOALL -------------------LAURA
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I had legs aches as a child. Horrialbe periods, early hyerstectomy, aches and pains for no real know reason. Head aches all the time. I ache from head to toe. And as this PA touched me on the temder spots they HURT, MY elbow,sterum, hip, thighs, arms wrists. YOu name it you touch it and it causes me pain. Just because I didn't put the spots on the chart that they have of where do you hurt to day does not mean that I don't have fibro. I have myaligia and I am sure that if my own doctor was not having his own problems I would have been told that yes you have fibro. I have a a dx 3 years ago from a GP.

The only rheumo that is close to where I live thinks that fibro is all in your head and will not treat you for it and wants to sent you so a head doctor.

I am tired all the time , I forget things right as I think of them, I ache every day , and I have stiffness in my knees, hips and wrist and all of my joints, I don't ever have a fever as my body temp is aboaut 96.7 all the time.

I saw a ortho a few years ago and he thought that I had fibro but it was just when they had started thinking that if was real and not in my head.

The first pain doctor I saw did the test of touching all the tender spots and I have eveyone of them so I really guess that having this PA unable to findd this DX on my chart is the least of the pain full conditions I have. So I am going to stop worrying about it. It was just one of the first things I was told that there was a real reason for this darn pain I am always in . and for the fatique.

So I will check with my own doctor when he is back and has is own problems undercontrol to do the test for fibro so that it is in my chart. That is all I can do.

I just wish that she would belive me that I have it insetad of telling me that I don't sound like I have fibro. I am trying to get on disability and I have so many other issues that are easyer to prove that I juess that she felt what did I want to have fibro put on the list of things.

Who knows. I will survive.
    Rosemarie
  5. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

When you started out describing the beginning, it sounded exactly like mine. I had horrible periods, major endometriosis and had a hysterectomy about 10 to 12 years ago and no children, so I was devastated... I have the headaches all the time, my upper back, hips and neck are what hurts me the most, in that order. I have cmp knots all over and there are days that I really can't even get out of bed and I'm not quite 40 year, so that really scares me. I saw an ortho who told me I had 4 bulged discs and some arthritis, patted me on the back (which hurt like you know what) told me to take tylenol arthritis and hot showers. Needless to say I won't be going back to him. I've been fortunate enough a month ago to get transferred to gp who has lupus, so she sort of understands what I'm going through, but I'm not sure yet whether she knows how to treat it or not. I think I'll stick with her for a little while. At least she seems to be trying, even though the elavil makes me feel a lot worse. If we can't find some way of getting some type of relief, I'll schedule the rheumatologist. I'm sick and tired of blood work and non-believing doctors that think I just want a pill or that it's all in my head and I've had a few of them so far. Hang in there. I've had to switch doctors to try and find one that somewhat understands this stuff and it's not an easy task. It may be something that you have to consider further on down the line, but that will have to be your decision and you'll know if and when you need to. Good luck on getting your chart straight. Have a great night. I'm going to lay down now, it's nearly midnight.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/04/2006]
  6. meowee

meowee New Member

Could you please tell me what DD means? I am not real familiar with all the abbreviations.

Thank you.
  7. sherri_baby

sherri_baby New Member

DD means disabling disease or darn disease. :)

If you go to the search bar at the top of the topics and type in abreviations you can find a list of all of them.

Good luck,
    Sherri
  8. meowee

meowee New Member

I appreciate your help.