really depressed lately

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Dec 10, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

That's about it ! Yesterday and today was really bad. I had an appointment with rheumatologist and he seemed super optimist. ( I'm just not feeling that way right now)I think that is part of his job... How do you cope with depression??
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

That's about it ! Yesterday and today was really bad. I had an appointment with rheumatologist and he seemed super optimist. ( I'm just not feeling that way right now)I think that is part of his job... How do you cope with depression??
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

How do I cope with depression? It's spelled P-R-O-Z-A-C.
    (LOL)
    Seriously tho, I still do get depressed.
    My depression has a lot to do with my Doctors not being able to help me , my husband not believing that i'm sick,
    and wishing for my old life back.
    You haven't said what it is that you're depressed about.
    Is it the holidays? Is it because you don't feel good?
    Is it because you're skeptical about this Rheumy helping you?
    You need to pin point exactly what it is that's making you feel depressed. Some things can be fixed, others not.
    Things take time.....
    Please don't feel that you are alone.
    We are here for you.......

LOVE,
    HOB
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

This has made a significant dent in my depression. I was on two anti-depressants, prozac being one of them, but neither worked for me. I recently ran out of fish oil for a few weeks and what a difference a few weeks makes. I returned to my former depression.

Read up on this supplement. Its good for so many things and is relatively safe. Just discuss it with your dr. if you are taking any blood thinners, since fish oil is a natural thinner.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  5. BonBons

BonBons New Member

Just wanted to tell you depression is the black hole pits, and I hope you can climb out long enough to see some light. Wishing you serenity. BonBon
  6. mightyslo

mightyslo New Member

Or fish oil. It works for me but when I forget for a few days I really feel it/. Its good for your heart too but you need to be sure you dont have allergies to fish. Check wtih your doctor. The holiday seasons and weather can set it off for me. Keep the lights on girl.

But Omega 3 has really made a difference. Keeps the blue at bay.

Let us know how you are.

Mslo