Really good day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by terrisews, May 30, 2008.

1. terrisews

terrisews New Member

Today is a day that I have been dreading for awhile. My dh and I along with our dds and grands went to an amusement park. I did make it through the day, lots of pain, but I did make it. What really made it a special day was the looks on my dds' faces and grands' faces as they rode the rides, feed the fish, ate dippin dots, and all of the other wonderful memories we made today. I know that I will pay for this for a few days, but the smiles and squeals were worth everything I went through.

Terri in TN
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Well done, you!

3. terrisews

terrisews New Member

I'm really paying today, I hurt all over like I have the flu, can't even eat or concentrate. I will remember that there are better days. Oh, and I can't type either.

Terri in TN
  4. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Sometimes the pain is worth it to see the little ones have so much fun. We did the same last weekend when we took the kids to the zoo. they had a BLAST but I came home & went straight to bed & spent the better part of Monday there too!
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

This happens, doesn't it. It is the nature of this beast.

At least you had yesterday to relish in feeling better.

Here's hoping for more days like yesterday.

Take care,

6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I live in McDonald, TN, and I notice you are from my area... It sounds like you went to Lake Winnie yesterday... we went there three years ago or so, and we saw the HUGE carp they have in the lake! It is a fun place to go; we even had more fun there that day than we have had at some of the bigger amusement parks. I like the fact that you can bring your own picnic lunch, and eat it in their picnic area under a roof in the shade!

At the other amusement park in Atlanta, you can't bring in your own food. If you want to save money on food, you have to go out to the parking lot and eat in your car, where it's usually very hot out in the sun in the huge parking lot. The alternative is to spend a small fortune at the restaurants/fast food places inside the park.

I am glad you made some good memories; the trick is to now not let the post-exertional malaise and pain color your memory. It is a little difficult, but it can be done. It may even help you in the future to know just how far is too far, as far as activity goes.

Love and prayers,

Debbie (in TN:)
  7. nina_and_me

nina_and_me New Member

I am so glad that you had a good day!! Congratulations!

I'm sorry that you're in pain now. You're right - there will be better days, and no one can take those precious memories away from you.

8. tonia1990

tonia1990 New Member

Im happy for you!