Really Low Blood Pressure And Heart Palpitations

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Jan 30, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Is low BP a symptop of FM or CFS? My BP after walking up a flight of stairs was 108/60. I assume this would explain my dizziness and feeling like I am going to faint.

I also have heart palpitations quite a bit. I had posted about the heart palps before and I cut down on the caffine intake. That helped some but now when I exert myself I get them. Sometimes even just lying down I will get them.

Is this part of the DD or should I be worried?
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

My blood pressure is 110/70 and my Dr. says that is in the normal range. My heart palpitations turned out to be hyperventilation problem but yours could be something completly different, have you asked the Dr. about it?
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

I have Low BP, but a high pulse.
    My bp was up today, probably because I am not well & quite stressed, but usually it is quite low.
    I get the dizziness & heart palps going up flights of stairs too. Actually I dread them :(
    It could be part of the fibro, or it could be something else. Always best to get it checked out ;)

Lisa
  4. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

Hi Syble,

I have always had low blood pressure. I get papatations because of anxiety and stress ( I have high Cholesterol).
    Sometimes I actually felt aching in my heart muscle. My GP at the time said my EKG was questionalble so he sent me to a Cardiologist who said the aching could be FMS where it affects all muscles. He just the same scheduled me for a Catherization........WHICH I BELIEVE was completely unnecessary. I think some doctors have a reciprical agreement going with in their fee structure. No to scare you. Just go to another GP for a second opinion. I think these symptoms are part of the great "unknown" of FMS/CFS.

Take care.
    Joan
    [This Message was Edited on 01/31/2006]
  5. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My pressure was always low, 90/55. I think it was probably even lower when I was younger because I do remember getting dizzy when I stood up too quickly.

I also used to get palpitations quite a lot. Could've have been stress, caffeine, etc. My family Dr back then said that lots of people experience palpitations.

Anyway, I'ved been thyroid medication since last February and my BP is up to 100/70 and I have hardly had any palpitations either. I wish I could tell you what this means in the grand scheme but I don't know. Maybe, in my case, the underlying thyroid problem (which never showed up in tests before) was part of it all?

I'd see your Dr and get things checked. Can't hurt.

Eileen

6. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

I have always had low blood pressure ( the doctor told me one time there were people that would pay to have blood pressure like that) although, I think it makes me feel sluggish.

I also have heart palpatations. Last year I had an EKG, heart echo test, and wore a monitor for a day or two. Everything checked out ok.

I think the palpatations are from nerves, and I think the low blood pressure is inherited.

Makes a person feel bad whether it's a serious problem or not.

I sometimes wonder if I have gotten the correct diagnosis. My brother has the same thing, so I haven't really worried too much about it because he checked out ok too. Who knows??!!

Kinsie
  7. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

Yep, it definitely is.

Couldn't hurt to get it checked just to be sure that nothing else is going on, though.

8. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

I just got out of the hospital for the exact same symptoms. Bloodwork showed very low potassium and magnesium was a little low. They pumped me full of both and BP still only went from 80/48 to 97/56. Cardiologist said it was not my heart and suggested anxiety. Bull! I live with anxiety and It does not cause this 24/7. But, My doc did take me off lozol and lowered by atenolol to 12.5 mg. I got home from Hosp. yesterday afternoon. I am sitting in bed with laptop and heart feels like it is trying to come out of my body and chest is tight. I am researching internet to see how to get better. Low blood volume was suggested and I have had a lot of blood taken since Dec. from FFC in Dallas and rheumatologist in Shreveport. I will keep looking for answers and let you know what I find. I just started Lexapro today to see if it makes any difference at all. I have xanax that I have used for a long time but it hasn't done anything for these symptoms that started a week ago.

Keep searching. You and I are possible looking for the same answers.

God Bless.