Really Mad about NBC Prog.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...you know, it just ticks me off, NBC go and film for three days, and all we get it like 3 mins that doesn't say a whole lot. If they are going to do these slots, get us to watch the WHOLE news just to get the bit at the very end, then they KNOW that item is a "puller" will pull people in, in other words, we'll keep tuned in.

The annoying thing is that Dr Oaklander really has got superb proof and research and as she is a relative I am going to email her direct and see what she can send direct.

I was totally bummed out as I did think we may get a LITTLE more-maybe we will get four minutes tonight, who knows.

Snowing here, just read list of list of comorbid conditions that was posted earlier and it makes me weep to see how many ilnesses some on this board have and still plug on-I mean some of the postees have fifteen or more serious illnesses at a time. Interesting to see the overlaps keep coming up-neck discs, thyroid, IBS and others-cannot doctors SEE the list overlaps? Also, I had a friend who worked for MERCK and she said(at the time) that almost all meds(except those specifically for women) were tested on young male students who got paid to be testers, so side effects aren't relaly known till other sexes and ages try these meds.

Hugs to all of you in pain, feel loved by those here, if not those in the same room, and those of us lucky enough to be loved by DH's, blessings, as I would hate to feel the way I do and not have a loving hubby. I admire the women who cope with that missing need.

Love Cromwell
  2. PainSux

PainSux New Member

I didn't see the show. One show, Hannitty & Coombs or whatever planned on Dennis Miller during their show. It was the last two minutes! Well, I tuned in for the show but never have before or since because of the false advertising. I don't tolerate it. Which show on NBC did that & what was the teaser to make you stay tuned?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/06/2006]
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Sorry should have said that. Crom
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

That's why I don't watch some of these things... I get so disappointed when they barely cover the subject! We hope and hope that some program is finally going to give adequate coverage of a certain topic... and then they just fall flat!

Well hopefully someone will do a better job in the future!

Here's hoping!! CarolK
  5. Myalsia

Myalsia Guest

Let's face it...nobody including doctors and we who have it can understand it.
    I do think they should have a doctor who does have this, give a talk on it.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Cromwell:
    Yes, I was also impressed with NBC's showing last night of pain control by looking at your brain images.
    I loved the way the woman came out and was able to reduce pain by mentally 'putting out the fire'. It was also cute: the end vision of her sitting on an examination table, legs crossed, putting on her earings.

What a waste.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

A medical researcher, anyways ( I do psych research from time to time -- mostly clinical practice these days.) I'd love to devote my life to studying these awful dds, and looking for a cure.

Of course, then there would be the funding issue -- really difficult to get funding for these things, I bet ---

Harrumph.
  8. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

NBC. I missed 2 of the segments maybe because I sneezed or something. I can't believe the segment was so short each night. Maybe next time????????
  9. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

THe Thursday night program where they monitored the women's brain waves to get the woman to control her own pain made my husband and I mad. To us, it seemed to say that the pain is all in your head and we don't want to do anything to help you, just handle it all by yourself.

The woman who had been injured in the accident was still having back pain. Doesn't that mean that there must be something wrong with her yet!

Didn't do it for me, seemed a cop-out. Missed Friday's, but it sounded more helpful. At least they gave him a pain control device and admitted his pain was real.

Deb