Really need some support about my female problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, Sep 19, 2007.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I visited the gyno doctor today and he said that I have a fibroid the size of a golf ball and scheduled me for an ultrasound. I knew it, with the horribly heavy periods and frequent urination. Now I just feel so bad and scared. Both my mother and grandmother had hysterectomies by age 40, possibly because of the same issues. I've been toying with having another baby, but even if that doesn't happen, I don't want noncancerous parts taken out of me, or my insides scarred up and damaged from surgery. Of course, the pap will reveal if something serious like cancer is present.

If I have to stop eating meat for the rest of my life to get rid of fibroids, I will. Holistically, I've been reading that fibroids are unmanifested creativity. I am taking graduate online courses, and at this point, thinking of changing my major. My biggest unmanifested creativity is my job that I hate. of course, I must pay the bills somehow. I have two teen girls and currently, no husband, so the options are limited.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

all I can say is I had years of pain and terrible bleeding with fibroids before I got a hysterectomy in 89 (things have improved since then op wise) and I have never looked back.

What a relief it was. Saying that I still had my ovaries (didnt have an opherectomy just a hysterectomy) so still got PMT and period pains without the bleeding.

If I had to do it again I'd not give it a second thought.

3. solarStar

solarStar New Member

What you are afraid of is what alot of women nowdays fear the most it seems. Hysterectomies are done more and more these days and doctors are more likely to take them out than deal with issues. (Could be insurance companies pushing that one, not sure.)

Fibroids are very painful and can cause many pains and symptoms but most are not cancerous! I actually had one removed when I was 17 and was very thankful because even that lessened the severity of my monthly. However I have had alot of issues having my girls since then and have miscarried 5 times. And now since my youngest was born (7-07) I havent had a monthly at all! Really wierd...I actually go today for my pap too so they can chek it out!

Just hang in there and come talk to us if you have anymore questions...

Blessings and Prayers
  4. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I have been doing alot of research on nutritional deficiences, and have been reading that women with fibroids often have Vitamin A deficiences. Other than that, I need to eat more whole foods(fruits, veggies, and nuts) and less animal foods (meat, dairy).
  5. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I had that done when I was the next few years...I read much about 'new' ways of dealing with fibroids and their issues. Many of which can preserve the uterus..and often still allow you to bear children.

Get LOTS of info about what your choices are!
  6. SweetT

SweetT New Member

I won't even consider a hysterectomy unless my reproductive parts have cancerous growths on them. I was reading on YouTube just what hysterectomies do to people (the bladder sits on the uterus and if you take the uterus out, the bladder has no support; you can no longer have uterine orgasms, etc.) Howeever,I don't want to be cut up either way, because there's the risk of scarring your insides up. Also, I don't want to be forced to have a ceserean because my insides got butchered up by a doctor.

I'll consider getting them lasered away, if they don't shrink by changing and supplementing my diet. I'm trying to do this the natural way, before I start hemmorhaging so much, I need more blood, and then they'll be talking about an emergency hysterectomy.

I'm just so sad that I'm even facing this. I want to make peace with my periods, and not be horrified by them. I also don't want my ability to have children taken away before the end of menopause.
  7. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I've had fibroids since I had my daughter, she is 19 (or will be Sunday). That is when I was told that I had them anyway.

My gyno said not to worry until he tells me to or unless the pain tells me its time to do something.

i have really heavy periods the last year, but I think that i am starting thru menopause(notice how things that are most painful and irratating start with "men").

I have regular pap test and thankfully nothing has developed.

I'll keep you in my prayers...