really on the edge

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Aug 22, 2005.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

You folks have always been great with your support. I feel like I am at this "place" where I am really starting to slip trying to keep up with my full-time job plus everything else. I am also going through a divorce which could be pushing me over the edge. Any suggestions ? Some days I feel like getting a one way ticket to outer Mongolia, if you know what I mean ! My youngest just turned 12 ( today ) and I don't know if I'm up to the TEEN years. Do you ever feel totally alone and abandoned ? I do have God whom I ask for help daily. Thanks for letting me vent
    love Sue
  2. jake123

jake123 New Member

My experience with my kids during their teen years was they were more understanding of my illness and the fact that I was still working even in pain. I have always put a high value on education and they have also. They were really my best friends during those years. I hope you have the same experience.
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

you have your hands and heart full. I too had a big load these past few months..too numerous to count, but I'm hanging on.

What has helped me was having someone neutural to talk to. Sometimes family and friends are just too close to the situation.

Journaling has helped me a great deal too. Just getting out my feelings and then reading it later, helps to clear my head on some things and come up with better solutions.

no matter what, you aren't alone...I talked to two of my co-workers today going thru the same issues are you are. I'll keep you in my prayers tonight. Jackie
  4. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

Are their any churches in your area that have divorce support groups? Single mom groups? Helping teen through divorce?
    There are quite a few of these groups in my area. Many are from local churches. I have found that your beliefs matter little in these groups. I subscribe to no one religion but have found great, unconditional support through these churches.
    Through one church group I attended I found a bit more than I hoped for. After meeting everyone in the group I started forming friendships. I now have people who I can depend upon for help with the kids or even when I need some time away. When I had my second child they brought food over for a month. And I never even joined the church!
    Try to reach out in your community for help during this hard time. Look in church bullitens, college campuses, hospitals, community centers, anywhere to find like souls who need a hand.
    I will keep you in my prayers,
    A