Really, really good book

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by northcoombes, Jul 17, 2003.

1. northcoombes

northcoombes New Member

Hi All

I just posted this in reply to Ziggy's request for a good book and was surprised to see no-one else mentioned my favourite so I am reposting this as a general message!

Hi Ziggy

After having Fibro for eight years and having read everything I can (off and online) I recently bought a book that made the world of difference to me. It is called "Fibromyalgia Understanding and getting relief from the pain that won't go away". It is written by Dr Don Goldenberg is who is a reconised authority on FMS, Chief of Rheumatology at Newton-Wellesley Hospital and Professor of Medicine at Tufts University. He is married to a woman who was disgnosed with FMS 20 years ago and this led to his interest in FMS. He was one of the people appointed to set the citeria for diagnosis of FMS in the US. What I loved about this book was that it was so simple to read. I have From Fatigued to Fantastic but I find it too hard to apply to my every day life. Dr Goldenberg's book puts everything in perspective and each chapter is a joy to read. The best part of all (and the chapter that made me buy the book!) is the last one "Will I get better?". We can get all the technical or medical info we need from lots of sources - this book has changed my life because it forced me to accept my FMS and to do so in a positive way that has really given me peace and motivation to get well. I really, really recommend you read it!!! And if I lived in the US I would have found any way I could to see this doc.

Have a great day
    Michelle
  2. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I will check it out.