Really severe nausea after eating...any others?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Mar 14, 2006.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I know something similar was asked a while ago,
    but I've been feeling reallyreally sick everytime I eat.
    And it's not like, GERD nausea.

It's like I have a stomach virus.
    Everyday.
    I thought this was related to me taking Excedrin,
    because my GERD's severe enough to make me sick from that,

But it's not the GERD.
    It's really really severe nausea,
    And i'm scared to eat anymore.
    Even when I'm hungry.

I barely ate anything for dinner last night,
    And wouldn't eat anything afterwards.
    I was almost positive I had a stomach virus.
    But I never actually throw up,
    I just get to the point where I'm gagging...

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    This, to me, is worse than the migraine i've had.
    I'm have a really large phobia of throwing up,
    so this is all a nightmare to me.

I go to the doctor tomorrow though...
    Does this seem worth mentioning?
    Or is it just a common side effect with FM?
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

just what you posted on the board. How you are feeling. It sounds like you may have something going on in your stomach, a motility problem or something else.

I've been suffering from GERD lately due mostly to stress as my son is getting married on 4/2, and I've just been stressed out about this 2 day event.

I have gastroparesis and I used to feel like you do and have constant stomach pain prior to tests and being put on Reglan med 30 minutes before I ate.

Do talk to the doc, as I don't think this is FM.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. ma2alex

ma2alex New Member

your doctor. I have a lot of nausea, but I know what causes mine. I don't think it is just part of fibro. FOr me, it is several things. I will tell you my experience, you can do what you want with the info. The worse ever nausea, always got worse with eating, was my gallbladder. It just stopped working. If you think this could be your problem, insist on a hydascan (I had an ultrasound that said my gallbladder was normal). The only thing is, I did have severe vomiting, but I wonder if you are just not letting your self due to your fear of vomiting (I know my mom does that). Once I got my gallbladder out, I felt much better.
    Other causes of nausea for me are food allergies/intolerances, mediaction reactions, lack of sleep, or severe pain.
    I don't know if any of this helps, but definately talk to your doc. He will probably want to do some testing, but also, there are mediactions available which can give you much relief. Please let me know if I can be of any more help.
    Hugs,
    Dawn
  4. livin4him

livin4him New Member

I have been having nausea for over 2 months now, everyday, my gastroentologist found out from doing a hydescan that it was my gallbladder. The ultrasound was normal because I did not have any stones. But, the hydescan showed that it was not functioning properly. He wants to remove it.

Right now, I am in the research phase to see if I can avoid surgery. I take phenrgran (sp?) for the nausea everyday, however, I still have it, just not as bad. I hate taking too much of the medicine because it makes me even more drowsy.

Hope you find out what is going on with yours, keep us posted.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You could have an ulcer, an obstruction, gallstones, severe gastritis, giardia or cryptosporidium.(the latter two are parasites)

You need a stool test and to have an upper endo set up.

Please speak up.

Love Anne C
  6. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

my GERD has gotten alot worse since i got sick with FM,
    i think both from the stress and the cymbalta that i'm on.

i was wondering if it could be an ulcer, too.
    my GERD is definitely severe enough to cause it,
    but it seems like no matter WHAT i eat, it still makes me sick.

i'll see what the doctor says tomorrow.
  7. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

I also have had severe nausea for almost 3 months now and I don't know what to do I also have really bad tremors.
    I came back to have that Parasite- Crypto.
    My docs won't treat me and I need to know what to do
    Thanks so much
    heather
  8. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Sounds like your gallbladder to me. That's what I went through before I had mine removed last year.

Linda
  9. jess

jess New Member

Hi Dani, I had severe nausea after eating a few years ago. It turned out to be H pylori. A blood test can determine if you have it. I had an endoscopy which showed this. I never threw up but it sure felt like I was going to. I was so afraid to eat anything. I got rid of it taking antibiotics. So far I am still ok. You might want to mention this to your doctor. Good luck, I hope you feel better. Jess
  10. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Funny...2 posts on this today. And I started having nausea today also. Maybe a computer virus? LOL

Seriously, while grocery shopping today I had to stop and rest because I got so nauseaus. I had just eaten half a sandwich.

When I went to the next store I had to use the go-cart because I was so nauseaus I thought I was going to throw up.

I sure hope it goes away soon, for all of us!

God Bless.
  11. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

I also have been feeling sick after eating food for a month now. I can't spell the word but the doctor put a tube down my throat with a camera on it and had a look in the stomach but found nothing. do you find muck is coming up the throat and you have to keep swallowing it, that is also what is happening to me. I am glad I came across this post as I am also going to the doctor tomorrow.

Take care
    Tammy
  12. heathnicole

heathnicole New Member

Ok I am going to the doc for nausea . . . I also had an endoscopy like Tammy . . and no h pylori for me.

TAMMY- If you have stuff coming back up after you eat it is called- acid reflux and that could be your problem.

If it is a gall bladder thing how would I know. My doctor thinks I am making it up everytime I have new symtoms.
    I also haave had really bad tremors . .where my hands shake, arms, jaw chatters continously.
    Thanks for all the help in advance
    God Bless,
    Heather
  13. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

I also get real sick after eating for at least an hour after,i know its not my gallblader cuz mine got taken out a long time ago,and here i thought it was just me> I do wonder though if maybe there isent some connection to fibro? I know its not any kind of medicine that iam taking for it as of yet i havent been given any. Anyway its something to think about i guess,or maybe it is an ulcer i mean think about what we go through why notthis too?lol. Take care and let us know what the dr says,angelkisses
  14. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I've had nausea for several years, and was dx with the above. Basically "inflammation of the stomach", which goes along with all of our other "inflammatory" conditions with Fibro.

I have to be sure to take digestive enzymes; stay away from foods I "know" I'm allergic to (anything red; spices; sweets; etc.) l/4 of an alieve would kick me off, as well as any other meds, supplements. Overstimulation will take me into "overdrive", which basically what all the above does to create the inflammation.

When I get really bad I take l/4 of a klonopin. I used to drink aloe ver juice, which helped alot.

But I would also rule out what others have mentioned.

LIGHT**********carole
  15. Jordane

Jordane New Member

That has been a problem for me since last winter.

I always felt,and still do, like I have the flu. I dont throw up, just nauseaus!

My doctor did all kinds of tests, even on my gallbladder,
    but it all came back negetive.

I also have acid reflux, take Pariet for that.

In the end I was dix with Chronic Fatigue.

Hope you get some help for yours!!

Take Care!
    Jordane
  16. tammy21

tammy21 New Member

thought I would bump this to see if anyone else has nausea.
  17. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

What a terrible feeling. So sorry you are experiencing it.

Mine seems to come on with the flu-like symptoms each day, not generally with eating.

Feel better!
    Georgia
  18. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Your nausea cud be due to a variety of things. For me it was due to low gallbladder function. Had no stones, just extremely low function. An ultrasound will not show function-The hida scan will. Had GB out and now do not have nausea.If you find out it is your gallbladder beets can thin bile and there is info on this site about supplements that help. I tried to save mine but was unable.
    ruby
  19. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

but Im jumping right in. The nausea hits me alot. Not everyday but when it does, it stays for several days no matter what I eat or dont eat. Im just thinking it might be part of the FM.

Suzette
  20. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It started back in the 80's, they thought it was just a food allergy.
    Then I had the Gallblader taken out, and I was able to eat, better, but still found certain foods made me sick.

I have had all the test's, and they can't find anything that would be causing it.

I get Nausated, when I wear my Dentures, or if I have clothes that are too tight around the middle, on, like Undies. I wear long dresses, mostly, to avoid this pronlem.

Also, when I bend over from the waist, to do something, I get Instant Nausea. DOes that happen to you too?

I am on Visrtil, which my Rhuemotoligstput me on, right after my 2nd visit, and she told me that some people do have that Nausea problem.
    Mine is more from Trigger Points, I keep a Journal and I make notes, where my pain is , at the time, I felt sick.

No Citris, or Fried foods for me. No IceCream, boo hoo,
    I risk, being sick, tho, when it come to Chocolate, lol
    Especailly, "See's" candy, gotta have some kind of Comfort food. Just one piece tho.

I eat only Chicken, and Cherry Pie, yogart, coffee, milk, and my Ritz Crackers, that I carry for when I get nausated , when I am out in public.

I have to have Certain bands also, some are better than others, ya know. Like my Creamer, it has to be Irish Cream.

I don't drive, when I am on my Meds. so I need to pack the crackers with me.

I do have a Q for you.

Do you have Pain, on the Lower rightside, of you adoman?
    There is a CMPD Trigger Point called, "McBurney's Point"
    That is where I have a Lump of sort's, that swells up now and then.
    It's not a Turmor or Cancer, had the test's, it's a part of that Weird Myofasical Pain Disorder.

Another Q, sorry lol, but are you losing weight? also.
    Not by choice, but because of the Nauseated feeling?

I lost over 70lbs when I frist got sick with the FMS Symptoms/CMPD.

Hope you get some answer's. Ler us know,

Hug's,
    sharonk