Really strange feeling...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lendi, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I woke up several times during the night and each time I felt very dizzy, but was lieing still. (the room didn't spin like it did when I had a middle ear infection, though) Although I was totally awkake, I had to fight to keep my eyes open, to the point that during the time I did hold them open they watered. And, it was physically impossible to keep them open the whole time. This only lasted a short while. I've noticed this a couple of times before, but never over and over. I take Lotrel for High Blood pressure, 1/2 Celexa for depression, 1/2 ambien to sleep (this happened before the ambien) and levothroid for hypothyroidism. Could it be a side effect of one of the meds.? I have a Dr. appt. for the 21st. Is this something I should see him about more quickly, or is this just a part of this DD. I'm learning more about it everyday and still have several "lightbulb" moments. Being off balance was one of my first symptoms, but I didn't have problems with my eyes.
  2. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

You may want to look up info on neurally mediated hypotension.
  3. Lendi

Lendi New Member

Thanks for the info and thoughts. NMH sounds a lot like I feel, but I am lieing down and I have High Blood Pressure which I take medication for. As a matter of fact, it tends to stay at around 124/99 most of the time even though I take my lotrel faithfully. Could I have both? Or something similar. I'll try to check my BP next time and see what it says. Maybe it's bottoming out, kinda a mixture of the two.
  4. Ness

Ness New Member

It may be the Celexa..I had alot of Weird symptoms when I was taking it...including the feelings that you discribed..

Talk your Doc about this when you see him/her.

Peace
    Ness