Really wondering if it's fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MarieHerman, Jan 10, 2003.

1. MarieHerman

MarieHerman New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro about 2 1/2 years ago. I would be interested in what symptoms others have directly realating to their fibro diagnosis, not other diseases. Every test of mine was negative, but I'm having a hard time believing I could hurt so much and they not know anything. My rheumy is well respected and acknowledges the fibro, but not much to offer. Thanks
  2. Carina

Carina New Member

I had been in pain and felt like I was walking on legs made of concrete and quickly losing my ability to walk for months when I went to the ER with chest pains. The doctor tested my blood the substance P. It was really high. I soon could not stand for anyone to touch me and was in pain constantly. All of this started within 8 mos. or so of having a hysterectomy. I had unusual pain with that and could never really recover from it. Now I know why.
    This fibro is very hard to diagnois from what I gather.

Welcome to our board. Carina
  3. Misdiagnosed

Misdiagnosed New Member

Online Allergy Testing website and see what impact hormones have on FM. I think there's a definite correlation and having had a hysterectomy you'd certainly be in that category. Dr Roby describes how that can set the whole body out of whack.

Regards
    Gill