Reason for illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by djd, Mar 13, 2003.

1. djd

djd New Member

I recently was diagnosed with FM. Has stopped me in my tracks. I beleive there is a reason for me having this illness and this is a time to search myself. Has anyone ever sought palmistry, tara cards to help them? I have had very limited experience with healing touch, reading palms etc., but so far everyone has told me that I had a traumatic experience in my past and that I need to deal with it. Problem is, I'm afraid to remember. Most of my childhood was not full of pleasant memories.
  2. Dayle

Dayle New Member

experiences in childhood. Remebering horrors that happened to me as a baby & child did not cure my fms. It is a very frightening experience & I would recommend you seek professional help. I could not believe that any thing in my past could be that bad. I could hardly handle it. I thank God for all the wonderful professional & spritual support I had. Personally I would stay away from all these things you have mentioned. I hope you will find the help you need. LOL, Dayle
  3. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I agree with Daye. STAY away from all that stuff you mentioned. I believe that is of the devil and it opens yourself up to demonic attack. The Bible specifically warns against it for that reason!!!!!! I have read a lot on CFS and Fibro, and the majority of the literature says nothing about this disease being brought on by a traumatic childhood. If you have issues there, and say go to a psychologist, better yet, open the Bible and go to church. There is such relieve in the power of prayer and the comfort so many are searching for, that can only be found thru the love of God. Have a blessed day!!!!
  4. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Sounds like you are looking for 'The Cure'... Sorry to say, it doesn't exist. We all do this though, so don't be down on yourself.
    I had a counselor who assured me how much 'better' I would be if I got in touch w/my 'inner child'...ummm...no thanks! I did not have so much a 'happy' childhood, but I did not have a 'perfect' childhood either. I am 40yrs old & I have gotten over the fact that my parents weren't perfect, but then they never abused me.
    I am not trying to minimize what happened to you as a child, but you need to steer clear of people that tell you that 'reliving it' will 'cure' you because it just isn't true.
    I didn't feel I'd get any benefit from 'reliving' my childhood other than more depression & estrangement from my family.
    I have used Tarot cards since I was 12yrs old. I actually have not used them at all since I have been flaring w/this illness. You have to realize that the cards only show what 'could' be & that is why they always say you should not read them too seriously & use them only for 'entertainment' & never give someone a negative reading. I do not believe the Tarot can answer what caused this illness. This illness just IS. It is not your FAULT or anyone elses.
    I think you might be better served by trying some meditation & maybe some guided imagery. You might want to look into books on this in a regular, or metaphysical, bookstore. Yoga is also very helpful to some of us. If you are interested in visualization of a positive nature, look for a book titled "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gwain. Good luck in finding peace & acceptance.
    Pixie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. You have come to the right place.

I continue to believe that there is a genetic predisposition to our illnesses. Any stress, be it emotional, mental, or physical, can trigger the illness in predisposed individuals.

I believe that any time we are searching for answers, it is helpful to seek out therapy. It isn't the entire answer to our illnesses, but it can help us make the adjustments we need to in order to continue to live meaningful lives.

When we are diagnosed with illnesses for which there is no known cure, we are often vulnerable to groups or people who would exploit us, including false psychics, and religious cults. There is a psychic here in town who is wonderful and a very spiritual person. She would never harm anyone. On the other hand, when a psychic offers to take a curse off someone for money, it's a scam. I see no harm in seeing reputable psychics, but just be careful as you are in a vulnerable state right now.

I use stones and crystals for their healing properties and for forecasting. They have shown to be very accurate. I try to draw comfort and healing from the various vibrations of these stones and crystals. I have always loved and been fascinated by stones and crystals. I see them as God's gifts from the Earth. Their vibrations coincide with the vibrations of the chakras in the body. I meditate on my chakras and find it very helpful.

No, I'm not some kind of kook; I'm a very practical and down-to-earth kind of person. I just think there are many paths to healing and this is just one of them.

Love, Mikie
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

but try the Bible. It has all the answers for spiritual healing and help in it. Even if you have never read it or been in a religon before you might be suprised. Church is my healing even though it does not help the physical pain it helps with the emotional and mental pain. Love Pammy
  7. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

When I was in my mid 20's and full of life, I went to a party with some friends of mine. I was introduced to a new friend who read palms. Now remember, I was in my mid 20's....This person read my palm and told me that I would be bedridden in my early 40's, I'm 42 now, but not to worry that I would come out of it. That was almost 20 years ago!

It sounds kind of wierd I know, but since I became ill 6 months ago, this person's words comes back to me. Since she was right about being bedridden, I'm looking forward to coming out of this!

However, I strongly believe that things happen for a reason. Will I be part of the generation that finds a cure for this problem? I don't know. All I do know is that I have grown closer to the almighty God and I keep him in my thoughts at all times.

God Bless us All!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

No one is offended by the suggestion that religion plays a huge part in our healing. The mind/body/spirit connection is a very stron one. Being one of the faithful is not mutually exclusive to using natural meditation techniques.

Love, Mikie
  9. lin21

lin21 New Member

djd,

I will never forget when I was growing up I had a friend who constantly went to a gypsy to have her fortune told. I was only 16 at the time and she gave me a reading for my birthday. I went although I really didn't want to. Well the gypsy told me she saw me in a hospital and saw me losing something that was very important to me. Within one week this healthy teenager was hospitalized for over a month and I lost one of my best friends. I will never forget this and I will never go to any reading or anything else like that again. I believe I was cursed. Since I had blonde hair I remember the gypsy reaching out to stroke my hair. I have good friends that go but I turn a deaf ear on them because I don't believe in this. I believe it is the devil too and you open yourself up .
    I can't help to think that if I never went my friend would have never died the way he did. It affected me then and it is something I will carry the rest of my life.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry that you have carried this around with you all these years. Sweetie, your going to see the Gypsy couldn't have caused your friend's death. It doesn't work like that. This woman either was gifted with the ability to see the future events or she guessed. Either way, the death had nothing to do with what you did.

I know it's easy to say and hard to do. Perhaps some counseling would help you to let go of this. Your friend would not want you going through this. I pray that God sends you His peace.

Love, Mikie