Rebounder/Trampoline

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Several people have mentioned recently that they have had good experiences with rebounder/trampolines.

Would some people who have tried one please share some information about your experiences, as well as recommendations on which ones are good (and maybe suggestions of where I could try one out)?

Thanks!
  2. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I wonder if it shakes the neurotransmitters till they wake up, kind of like microcurrents stimulate them till they wake up?
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I like that "shakes the neurotransmitters till they wake up" theory.
  4. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Before I spend any more $$ I think I'll slooooowly try some good old fashioned jumping jack exercises.
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

I wonder if this would help as a cheap alternative to a rebounder...?

sitting on a fitness ball and bouncing.

you can buy a fitness ball at any big store (like Target..)
    they only cost about $25.00

Does anyone think that this will mimic the bouncing on a rebounder, and give us some benefits?
  7. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I have a Lympholine that I bought from the Grain and Salt Society a while ago. I don't know if they still sell them or not. Or if I'm even spelling it correctly!

It has shock absorbers that make it easy on the knees. I love mine.
    :)

Forbearance
  8. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

I have a friend that bought one at Wal-mart and it is holding up well. I think it does not matter where you buy it, but what you do with it when you get it home.
  9. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I bought it a couple of weeks ago. So far, so good. It has six legs and is very stable. I'm liking it.

The whole point for me is that I am doing it. I can't afford $200 for something that I don't even know if I'm going to stick with. $23 I can handle.

It came with all sorts of warnings about how it could hurt you if you tried to assemble it by yourself (says you need two people). My husband assembled it by himself. Warnings everywhere.
  10. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Haley: How long did it take (days, weeks) for you to notice some difference with the rebounder?

Thanks.....scapper