Received ALJ Decision Today And...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Jun 28, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

it was FULLY FAVORABLE! It has been a long 1 1/2 years, but at least this part is finally over. Now, waiting to get my back pay will be another wait I guess. The judge is going back to February 2005 which will be my start date for back pay.

He found in favor on severe CFIDS, FM, and Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome of the left foot.

Just wanted to update everyone!
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Kick back, relax!!!!

Hooray for you!!!

Good job!!!

Enjoy the money!!!

Pay the bills first!!!

Laugh a lot!!!

Give everyone you know a smile and a hug!!!

Can you tell I'm so happy for you?

findmind
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I got my back pay within a month, so it shouldn't be too long, hopefully.

It IS such a relief to finally have that off your mind and shoulders, isn't it??!!

I'm really glad for you and all of us who suffer from this horrid disease, who can finally feel VALIDATED and get the pay that we have put into this system for such a long time.

Take care and ENJOY!!! PG
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Wonderful news!!!! I'm happy for you as well. It is definitely worth shouting about, LOL!!!!!

I haven't received my second decision yet but I'm sure the back pay will be worth the wait.

Happy Spending!!!!!

BlueSky555
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Now you can post helpful messages to others who are still struggling.

6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Great news.Lets others know not to give up.

I am very happy for you.

I also got mine on a bench approval.Felt great.Took about 3 months for my back pay.

Take care
    Sue
  7. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Thats great!!

Suzette
  8. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

Wonderful decision today--------Many congratulations.

I am very happy for you. It looks like we just have to play the system, be patient and we will win. Good for you,

Arlene
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can uncross my fingers...They started to cramp...tehe

Wait a minute, still have to keep them crossed for my decision, but so very happy for you, thanks for letting us know.

~Alicia
  10. srobins

srobins New Member

Yes, there is such a huge weight off of my shoulders now! Of course, with all of the debt we have incurred since I have been unable to work, all of the back pay will be gone but I am so very grateful that I had a good judge who believed in me. He repeated several times in his letter that I was a "credible" witness and that he found my testimony to be "credible".

It is hard waiting but it is worth it - I would recommend that no one give up after the first denial. Be strong and don't give up! It's not easy, but well worth it! Thanks so much everyone on here for the support too!
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Great News!! I remember getting the Fully Favorable letter in the mail! I think it made me cry!! (Happy Long awaited Tears!!) ..............................................You will do just fine now!! Good luck and yes i agree get yourself something nice! Hugs............................sisland
  12. pixy

pixy New Member

Hello..I just went before the ALJ on Tuesday, I am curious, how long did it take the judge to make a decision from the day you appeared?..also what city are you in?..Thanks...Pixy
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations. It was a loooooong 3 years for me.

Love, Mikie
  14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

well done you im so happy for you i really am.
    You can now relax safe in the knowledge that you have a lot of money coming to you.
    I had my disability living allowance tribunal on 1st april 05 & i was so worried about it & i won!
    Im safe until september 2007 when they review it i wish they would give it to me for life.
    You can no think of ways to spend your money im so pleased for you you deserve it.
    Take care
    Fibrolady37.
  15. Longleggz

Longleggz New Member

This is wonderful news! Congratulations and I agree, take in a movie, new shoes, whatever will make you smile. We go a long time with nothing for ourselves. Enjoy!
  16. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

That's terrific and a real load off you back. I remember when I was approved. I felt like I had won the lottery. I agree, try to do somethig nice for yourself.

Kathy.
  17. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

sorry you have to use it...but i am right where you are...ssdi,,,and i do have my medicare...you will have to wait about another year...

jodie
  18. kimlee

kimlee New Member

I am happy for you,

I have fibromyalgia, DDD/DJD C-SPINE, my case is at the ALJ stage, what advise you can give to me in winning my appeal.

19. srobins

srobins New Member

I had my ALJ hearing on April 10th, received my decision on June 28th. Good luck to you!
  20. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

they might try to divide your back pay into 2 pmts 6 mo. apart. just tell them you need it now (or sooner) and you will get it all at once.
    CONGRATS!!!!
    Cindy Lou