Received ALJ Hearing Date Today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by srobins, Mar 2, 2006.

1. srobins

srobins New Member

It is scheduled for April 10th, my hubby's birthday! Any advice on what I can expect? I am nervous already!

Sandy

[This Message was Edited on 03/03/2006]
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi sandy, good luck on your hearing, i'm sorry that i have no advice to give (still waiting for mine--since dec. 2004!) but only well wishes for a successful outcome. I did find the website of dr. richard podell very insightful on disability and the ways to prove "objectively vs. subjectively" since they want so much proof. Not much but it does give an expert opinion on why the standard functional capacity exam is so useless for our condition. Good luck and keep us posted--L
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good luck at the hearing. I hope you have a good atty. Just tell the truth and answer the judge's questions. Your atty. may ask the judge if he or she can question you and will ask leading questions, such as: "Is it true that you never know when your symptoms may get worse so that you end up in bed?"

Wear something dark and loose, nothing "perky." Just get up and don't up on makeup or do your hard. My atty. said that the judge needs to see how you look when you are sick at home.

I'm not sure what the URL is under your name, but we are not allowed to post e-addresses nor personal websites here. You can remove it by clicking on the red edit under your name in the blue area on the left.

Love, Mikie
  4. srobins

srobins New Member

Thanks for the advice everyone!