Received decision from SSDI ALJ Fully FAVORABLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Oct 28, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi all you lovely people,

I got the big brown envelope today...Not sealed either, just taped...DUH!

FULLY FAVORABLE

Now for the kicker...After all the blah,blah,blah, it states the following;
    The claimant has the following severe impairments:fibromyalgia,Crohn's disease and depression.

Can you believe they list 'fibro' first???

And also I have never heard this discussed before...Right before he signed the decision, the judge concluded with the following...MEDICAL IMPROVEMENT IS EXPECTED WITH APPROPRIATE TREATMENT,CONSEQUENTLY,A CONTINUING DISABILITY REVIEW IS RECOMMENDED EVERY TWO YEARS...

I knew as my hubby dashed through the raindrops that my decision was in the mailbox today...A 'gift' from my Mother and Grandmother...I knew either way, I would be upset...I pulled it out slowly (like the lil boy with the golden ticket Wonka Bar) and saw FULLY FAVORABLE, I threw it and grabbed my head and cried...I am now as bad as I knew I was...That's what I was afraid of...But I will deal with this too...

Thank you all for helping me through to my hearing, for all the info, sharing your experiences with me and the assurance that I would get through this...

Now that is over, let's get on to finding the fixes for all my problems, after all, this judge seems to know something we don't, there are treatments for fibro...WOOHOO!

No talk about $$$$$, just says that goes thru another office and if I don't hear in 60 days, to contact someone...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I will get down to that SSA on Monday, if my hubby has to wheel me in on the toidy...Crohn's flare...AGAIN!

But it's over now...The next chapter begins...My husband is soooooooooooooooooo relieved for me...Remember I had to get myself to the hearing and back cause of hubby's condition, I had no choice but to go alone...It took me two weeks to come back to bad, from worse after that hearing...I am glad the judge heard me, it was my testimony that swayed him...He even noted that he thought my psychologists report was somewhat embellished...I disagree, I told my doc not to dare make me out to be something I am not, I wanted an honest assessment of my mental health and that's what I got...I will be forwarding a letter to this judge, to thank him and to set him straight and also ask him what is meant by "Improvement by proper medical treatment"...I'll ask him what the secret is to finding quality care and for a check to cover the expense...Heck, if I knew it was that easy to get treated and cured, we should contact this judge right away...

Okay, I ran away with this, but after 2 years, aren't I entitled...

Thanks again everyone,it's an honor to know all of you, esp. my buds on here and you know who you are ;)

Finally, Peaceful days have come to me...Thankyou!!![This Message was Edited on 10/28/2006]
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Congratulations on the outcome! I'll bet you are so relieved. You must feel validated. What wonderful News!

((((Hugs))))and Peace to you,
    Michelle

3. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I am so happy for you. I know you are so relieved. Now you can try to relax and undo all the stress from fighting for what you deserve... YIPPEE!!!

Angie
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Is always a great thing to hear !! God Bless you and Hubby!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sisland
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Good for you Sweetie, what a relief it is for you and your hubby finally, I am soooooo happy for you.

Love to all, Ann
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:

I have been re-evaluted by SSA every two years. Each time they found me disabled.

I was so stressed out about it each time.

My suggestion: lay it on thick. Let the evaluator (in my case a local doctor) know how sick you really are.

After my third review I wrote a letter to SSA and told them that I felt I was being unduly targeted. They said 'no', but they felt I should feel better.

If you look at the SSA laws: disabilty is for people who have a lifetime illness or will become dead from it.

Nice, huh?

Do not let them intimidate you.

From what I have heard by waiting in the SS line: once you have SSDI never go off of it. If they give you a 'ticket to work' throw it in the garbage.

And if you try to go off of SSD they will monitor your every move to boot you out of the system.

I have been threw it. So far they have left me alone.
    My blood boils when they think I could be 'cured'.

Just my two cents. IMHO.

nyrofan
  7. TKE

TKE New Member

Congrats :). Hope the checks don't take too long to get to you.

I just got my first denial, so it's off to the lawyer I go.
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

this gives me hope for my case im only 37 i think that is my biggest down fall. charlene
  9. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I just filed my appeal and hired a lawyer.

I am so happy you have all that behind you. Treat yourself

to something lovely.
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

That's great- and don't sweat the re-eval. I am on a 3 year schedule. Just went thru my first one, it was a simple form asking if I thought I was better or worse- duh

Anyway I got a letter saying they are not going to make any changes at this time.

Now you can sit and back and relax. Treat yourself with something special. That is how I got my stained glass supplies- that was my treat.
    Carla
  11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

With this Crohn's flare I am having, it's putting more of a damper on feeling good about winning...I feel somewhat like that saying on the headstone "I TOLD YOU I WAS SICK"...

Been up all night and begging for relief (some know I don't take any drugs til I am near death, think I am going to have to change that soon)

Thanks everyone for 'cheering' for me...We all know we should be relieved when we get a favorable decision but hey, we are the same people that kept trying to work and do every darn thing around us so as not to admit we are sick...

'Fore I forget...Nyro, I am thinking of pursuing a little of what you do, that's where I think I will put my extra $$$, I was always taught not to play with scared money, now hubby and I have a bit extra...God only knows what they will want for the medical insurance...I will post next about that I'm sure...Thank you for the 'heads-up'...It's terrible we have to get bothered every couple of years...Hey, if I get better, they will be the first to know...Ticket to work program, HA, if I could make $810 a month, why would I apply? They are so dumb!

Anyhoo, thank everyone for the support through it all...I couldn't have done it without yas,

Love, MamaDove
  12. 143alan

143alan New Member

I know that's a long hard fight that is now over with, or at least for a couple of years...according to the judge.

That sucks but hey at least it did get started which is an accomplishment.

Take Care
    Nancy
  13. whoachief

whoachief New Member

I am SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!
  14. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thank you Nancy and Whoachief...appreciate it muchly (my brothers saying from the 70's,tehe)
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you!

Love, Mikie
  16. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

Now you can focus on getting well and maybe you won't need that 2 year review:)

[ advertisement ]