RECEIVED OFFICIAL SSD APPROVAL LETTER!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondieangel, Oct 27, 2002.

1. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Ah, yes, how bittersweet. And then we went and took photos of our new home! Brand new, just built! We have our walk through Tuesday and then start moving in. This is the first time my husband and I have felt happiness/content in many years - Finally the 6 (maybe more) years of trauma are over. (my mother was slowly dying, plus several other major life events b4 my car accident/cmp/fm).

The letter came yesterday, 3 weeks after the Hearing. Can those of you who won following a Hearing tell me how long it was b4 you received your check?

Thanks! ~Blondieangel~
  2. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

Ah, yes, how bittersweet. And then we went and took photos of our new home! Brand new, just built! We have our walk through Tuesday and then start moving in. This is the first time my husband and I have felt happiness/content in many years - Finally the 6 (maybe more) years of trauma are over. (my mother was slowly dying, plus several other major life events b4 my car accident/cmp/fm).

The letter came yesterday, 3 weeks after the Hearing. Can those of you who won following a Hearing tell me how long it was b4 you received your check?

Thanks! ~Blondieangel~
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you. I don't know how long it takes but maybe some of our members do. My hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9 and I am anxious to get it over with.

Love, Mikie
  4. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi Blondie!
    I don't have an answer to your question, I applied in April 2002 and am still waiting on a decision. I just wanted to drop you a note and tell you congratulations!
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  5. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Congratulations on beating the system and receiving your much-deserved SSDI! It took me one denial and I believe four mos or so to hear from the Feds and win approval. Glad things are looking up for you guys! AL
  6. achy

achy New Member

I just applied in July, had first medical exam this week. Still long way to go, so can't help on the check info.
    Just wanted to congratulate ya. Every story of seccuess give the rest of us hope. Can you share what you filed your claim on? FM, CFS, etc. And how long between filing & your letter? Thanks
    Achy
  7. allhart

allhart New Member

that is so grate im glad to hear some good news
  8. dd

dd New Member

Hi Blondie - I received my approval letter on December 9th of 2000 and received my backpay check along with my first SSD check on December 20th. I received backpay for my children about six weeks later.

What wonderful news for you!!!

Congrats,

Debbie
  9. BonBons

BonBons New Member

What a relief for you. At least that one worry will be history. I hope your health will improve without that stress. BonBons
  10. SaraD

SaraD New Member

Life is good!!! Good for you, I am so thrilled to hear another person has been acknowledged for there pain and suffering. I had my hearing on August 2nd and have been running to the mailbox every day. I can't stand the wait. I hope you receive your checks soon. I had worked for 9 years and after they decided to cut out my LTD in May I have had no income sine then. Thank God my husband is dedicated and healthy!!!
    Sarad
  11. azcrum

azcrum New Member

I don't know how long it takes but I do know that your back pay for your kids (if you have any) will come after your back pay. I have been fighting this since June of 2001, been denied 3 times and now am on appeal. It's nice to know someone out there is getting the much deserved income and recognition for this dreadful disorder. Good luck with the new home!!