received ssdi approval letter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rmc20021, Dec 1, 2005.

1. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

I was out of town visiting family for Thanksgiving and came home to find an approval letter stating I was approved for ssdi. I was shocked, even though I was expecting it as the judge at the hearing was actually leading the vocational expert to admit there was no job that I'd be able to do.

Does anyone have an idea how long after receiving the approval letter does it take to receive the lump sum payment? Mine goes back to 4/03 so it should be a pretty good amount.

I'll either have a very bad Christmas for my kids and grandkids, or a very good one. At any rate, we'll all be (somewhat) healthy and together.

I'd actually given up and didn't even appear at my scheduled hearing, but my attorney requested that it be rescheduled so then I decided to go ahead and go and now 6 months later, I'm approved.

As everyone else always says on here....don't give up.
  2. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

congrates what i relief ill bet
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

IT IS A NICE FEELING TO KNOW YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN APPROVED...DO YOU HAVE DIRECT DEPOSIT? THAT IS QUICKER.

YOU COULD CALL OR GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR LOCAL SSA REP AND ASK THEM IF IT HAS BEEN SET UP FOR PAYMENT...

I WAS TOLD BY MY LOCAL OFFICE HERE IN CALIFORNIA THAT USUALLY WE GET THE MONEY ON OUR ACCOUNT FIRST THEN THE LETTER...SO MAYBE BY CHANCE ITIS IN YOURS ALREADY...

YOUR ATTORNEY COULD HELP ON THIS TOO...THEY WANT THERE MONEY FOR XMAS TOO I'M SURE...

SO I JMPED AROUND HERE NOW...BUT I HAVE NOT TO THIS DAY RECEIVED MY LETTER OF APPROVAL OR AWARD LETTER PERIOD..BUT I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE SOO MUCH OF A STINK YET BECAUSE MY MONEY GOT PUT IN MY ACCOUNT 2 DAYS AGO...BUT STILL NO LETTERS...THEY SAID IT WENT OUT TWO DAYS AGO...

I NEED MY LETTER FOR A LOW INCOME HOUSING LOTTERY TO SHOW THEM PROOF OF INCOME...

OH WELL..

I WAS APPROVED ON SEPT. 15THE THEN MY DECISION WAS PUT THROUGH ANOTHER REVIEW...THEN THEY GAVE ME THE FINAL OK... THE END OF OCOTOBER OR NOV. 1 CAN'T REMEMBER THE EXACT DATE...I WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT MY NOTEPAD///

SO I GOT MY DEPOSIT IN MY ACCOUNT 11/29/05..

SO THAT WASN'T TOO BAD COMPARED TO LAST TIME///

CALL YOUR SSDI REP OR GO DOWN THERE OR CALLTHE 1800#

JODIE
  4. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

im very happy for you, maybe you can get it before xmas that would make it even better...
  5. chickabee

chickabee New Member

congrats on getting your approval. When I got mine, it only took about 2 weeks from the time i got the approval letter to the time i got the lump sum. Than after that you'll start getting your checks every month. But not sure if that is how they do it in all states. You'd think it would be the same. Nanc