RECELLER for selling on eBAY? any other 'EZ' options?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Feb 8, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I've been going thru a lot of herxing on my protocol, and extra brain fog as a result... but am also trying to downsize and get rid of a lot of stuff that's accumulated over the past 20+ years..

I don't really want to hassle with figuring out eBay myself, I don't mind paying a commission etc.- if it is worth it - I have lots of craft items, like a drawerful of boxes of spices, and other things that I've been told would probably sell well.

I think we had some sort of franchise locally for this purpose, but it has closed. I've read that unless an operation is streamlined, it's hard to make it commercially that way...

which leads me to ReCeller... which appears to be online? I think there are some other options...

Anyone have suggestions as to any others, and/or tried any of these? Opinions, good and/or bad? - all are welcome.

Thanks very much!

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2008]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I know, that's my other option, and plan on doing it with stuff I don't really expect much money for ........

I am on the local list altho so far I've always donated usable items to Salvation Army or Goodwill or Potter's House (for recovering alcoholics).

but I do have some things that are worth something, actually, plus a few 'family heirlooms' and the like. I know my other difficulty will be getting an accurate appraisal anyway for some of these things.

3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Have you thought about "Craigslist Website"? Check it out

even if it's just to see what others might be asking for

comps. Also my "Kids" bought me an "eBay for Dummies" book

that is very informational. (Hope you are doing well)

4. mezombie

mezombie Member

What a neat idea!

I'd never heard of it. Just signed up for my local group.

Thanks for the info!
  5. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Have a yard sale.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

I am out in the country, so having a yard sale isn't too efficacious really, sadly. I could go to a local flea market yes, --but either would require me to be sitting outside for a long period of time. Well, I'm on the marshall protocol, so I try not to do that, and don't think anyone wants to come to a night-time yard sale, LOL?!

Craigslist for the Atlanta metro area might work well for some items, but not for my immediate area (extremely few listings).

At least for the important (ie, possibly valuable) items, I am going to get appraisals. There is a good 'flea market' that is upscale close to Atlanta, I am thinking I could at least take pics of some items not easily transportable and see what dealers there might give me or at least find some knowledgeable appraisors... I don't have that much, but, would feel somehow guilty giving away family heirlooms that have value; and anyway any extra $ would be be helpful to pay for medical expenses.

Interestingly, at least as far as antiques etc are concerned, NYC is apparently still the place to send it even with the costs of moving it there added. My aunt was quite wealthy & very elderly when she died, AND had been a packrat - so had lots of valuable stuff collected over the years. She lived in the Chicago area, but my cousins were told that the best place to send all her stuff was still NYC!

I did find an art/frame store locally that also as a sideline sells on eBay with an excellent and long history for both selling/buying, so I'm going to call them to see what they charge...

And if anyone else has any more suggestions, please let me know! As I'm slow at getting this done anyway, will probably take me the next 3 months at least....

7. sisland

sisland New Member

I was thinking that you could put a Advertisement add in your local paper/shopper for the stuff thats not antique,,,

and or call an Auction House nearby that will come out to your place and appraise stuff and then have an auction,,,,,

People in this part of the country do this all the time when they have to get rid of stuff,,,,,,There's alot of people who love to go to Auctions,,,,,,,,,,,Hope this will Help,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 02/09/2008]
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

I am going to try the local ebay seller that I talked about above for some 'vintage' things like the craft stuff, a couple of vintage (1930s) magazines, material, clothing... I am hoping that I can get appraisals via email/pics for some of the more valuable things. A friend of mine way far away (in Chicago) has been a eBay power seller, says 'lots' of similar things often do well depending on the diversity of it, like old buttons etc.

I'd have to minimally go to Atlanta for an auction to make any sense, from what others have told me... I am in the boonies... but am going to take it one step at a time.

Talking about it here with all of you has helped me formulate some plans!

SO - thanks again to everyone!