Recent Fall and Inuries!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Msdeana, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Msdeana

Msdeana New Member

I tripped over my small ten-pound puppy on the 15th of June. I hit the wall with all my weight on my RT shoulder. It sounded like I tore or broke something. I went to the ER. They took an x-ray and then the doctor told me I had a shoulder separation, but did not appear fractured. I told my regular doctor, she referred me to an Orthopedic Dr. I saw him the 22nd and he says I did fracture my shoulder; a glenoid fractured also scrapping the socket, plus tearing my cartilage. That Friday I had an MRI to confirm what the doctor found. It confirmed my doctor’s findings. They gave me a sling to wear, and then told me NOT to do any strenuous movements to that shoulder. I was to use ice to help the pain and swelling. I made an appointment with Physical Therapy. They gave me a list of exercises to do. It has been very painful,
    The doctor also increased the dosage on my Ultram to 100mg every 4-6 hours. I am doing therapy, as well as Hivamat 200 (look up) massage therapy treatments to prevent frozen shoulder. Today I'm having a pain flare due to the shoulder and weather.

OOOOH GOODIE more stress to deal with, but I won't let it get me too down. I'm going back to bed and try to at least relax.

Huggies Deana
  2. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

i hope you feel better soon!!! glad your spirits are still good that will help!! good luck!

LEFTYGG Member

as if any of us need any more pain. take care of yourself. love gail
  4. June

June New Member

I know what you are going thru with extra pain.
    My cat ran between my legs when I was walking down the hall about 3 months ago and I fell. I pushed myself away from a bookcase, so I didn't hit it, and twisted around and landed hard on the hardwood floor on my upper body, shoulder, and shoulder blade area, and it neary killed me. It hurt to even breath for approx 3 weeks. I rested a lot and tried not to over do and it finally got better and stopped hurting after about 5 or 6 weeks.

Not letting it get you down is a very good thing to do. I have learned to just roll with the flow and I get along much better. Worrying only mkes it worse.

Hope you heal fast and feel much better soon.
  5. Tizz

Tizz New Member

So sorry to hear about your fall, and about the injury.

Your message caught my attention because falling is a big issue for me. Twice, I've been diagnosed by neurologists with "ataxia" - which is just a medical word for being so clumsy and off-balance that you fall a lot.

But now I have a new diagnosis - fibro. So I've been wondering if anyone else with fibro has major balance issues...

Anyway, I hope you heal very quickly so you won't have to deal with the extra pain for all that long.

Tizz[This Message was Edited on 07/23/2010]