Recent hospitalizations have docs stumped. Any ideas??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azcactuslil, Jan 27, 2006.

1. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

The first week of December, I, unexpectedly, went into renal failure. My blood pressure that is normally high was dangerously low. The first night in the emergency room, it was 77/53. My liver was not functioning properly and I had prancretitis. After a week in the hospital, no one could come up with a solid reason for this.

A week after I was released, I had a high fever,severe retching (without nausea), and low blood pressure again. Back to the ER and then admitted to the hospital. Everyone agreed that I probably had some sort of infection but no one knew what was infected or where it was located. Finally my gallbladder was removed. Another week went by with a team of 6 doctors scratching their heads and having every nasty test that could be thought of, I was released without a firm diagnosis of what went wrong or what the problem was. I have since had another episode but chose not to go to the hospital.

I am conflicting information from all the different doctors that now are monitoring me. Although I have been released to go back to work, I don't feel strong enough to face the challenges of my daily schedule. There is still something wrong. I am positive that this isn't over yet.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Does anyone else have any insight?

Carrie

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2006]
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Just wondering if you had a MRI that might detect something? I would certainly continue seeing the doctors if your symptoms continue.

Sorry I don't have any idea - I hope someone else here can help.
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have nothing to add but I wanted to bump this up for others to see. We have some folks here that have knowledge on lots. We have all experienced different things, either ourselfs or family members.

I will say a prayer for you......
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

could it have been caused by any of your meds? Or herbals? Or something you ate or drank that made meds react differently? Did they check you out for Colistridum Difficille?(SP wrong on that) This is a bad yeast overgrowth that can be very nasty and cause renal failure, coma etc. Anyone who has been on antibiotics during previous few months can get this. Hospitals miss it unless they specifically test for it. You sound as if you should not be going back to work after such a nasty episode. Your body needs to recover. Take it easy. Did they say why they removed the gall bladder?

Love Anne
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

spell like you describe. Her kidneys stopped functioning and unfortunately didn't revive so she's now on dialysis three times a week from now
    on. They finally diagnosed Good Shepherds syndrome. You might ask your doctor about it anyway, it's rare but some people get the kidney function back and go on to be ok, some don't. You might at least ask
    about it.
  6. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

I have had CAT scans and MRI's done. Nothing showed up. My gallbladder was inflamed but they really just took it out because they didn't know what else to do.

I really am not going to have much choice in whether I go back to work or not. Money talks. I carry the insurance in our family and, as we all know, I can't let it lapse. My company did eliminate my position when they found out I was released to come back to work. Don't think they wanted to have to deal with my medical expenses anymore. They are a small company and things like this drive up their insurance costs. I had just gotten a great performance review so I know it wasn't my level of work. Now I am looking for work. Anymore fun and I wouldn't be able to stand.