recent-ish article on WPI in Reno paper (about XMRV)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sascha, Nov 19, 2009.

1. sascha

sascha Member

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009911010342

i'm constantly looking for more inf. on XMRV - i am anxious to see further signs of progress. this article contained some details i hadn't read before.
    Sascha
  2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks sascha, this article is really well done.

This should help answer some of the questions I've seen recently on the Message Boards:

"If further research demonstrates XMRV causes the syndrome, then drugs to treat it and a vaccine to prevent its spread could be developed, Mikovits said."

"The National Cancer Institute already has started working on a vaccine, and clinical trials are expected to begin at the Whittemore-Peterson Institute sometime next year, Mikovits said."

"If further research demonstrates XMRV causes the syndrome, then drugs to treat it and a vaccine to prevent its spread could be developed, Mikovits said.

The National Cancer Institute already has started working on a vaccine, and clinical trials are expected to begin at the Whittemore-Peterson Institute sometime next year, Mikovits said.

"The world's largest pharmaceutical companies have been calling the institute asking if they can test their lines of a drug now used to treat patients with HIV, another retrovirus, to see if their anti-viral drugs can be adapted to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients."

"If further research demonstrates XMRV causes the syndrome, then drugs to treat it and a vaccine to prevent its spread could be developed, Mikovits said.

The National Cancer Institute already has started working on a vaccine, and clinical trials are expected to begin at the Whittemore-Peterson Institute sometime next year, Mikovits said.

The world's largest pharmaceutical companies have been calling the institute asking if they can test their lines of a drug now used to treat patients with HIV, another retrovirus, to see if their anti-viral drugs can be adapted to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patients.

""They want us to send them the (XMRV) retrovirus so they can screen huge libraries of compounds and see what they have that could work," Mikovits said. "They already have drugs to treat HIV, so they could redesign a compound for the XMRV virus. Since they already have FDA approval, they could get something out to people fast.""

[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2009]
  3. slammed

slammed Member