recent pituitary scan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wangotango, Jan 6, 2007.

1. wangotango

wangotango New Member

hey all i have been off the board for a while, but had an MRI thursday and my macroadenoma has changed and grown some. kind of interesting with all the symptoms of cfs and right eye pain. going to see a neuro surgeon soon and i will post again.
    be well all bill m in kcmo
  2. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

I'm trying to find out about this.

Do they have to do a specific scan to look for a pit tumor or would they find it in an average head and neck MRI? I had a recent MRI to rule out MS but I think the pituitary is at play in my condition.

I had blood tests recently which revealed low FSH, Low Testosterone, Low Progesterone. That was following a series of intense cluster headaches and a 6 week period.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? Would you tell me more about your condition? I'm trying to put the pieces together.

Thanks,

Sofi
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

I will keep you in my good thought and hope for the best.

I hope it hasn't grown too much but if your going to a neurosurgeon I guess maybe it has or is this just a consult? -- I hope.

Anyway -- I will be thinking of you :)

Take care of you,

Karen :)
  4. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have one and that it's grown. I've had one for years as well, and I'm 32. It likes to wreak havoc on my hormone levels.

For the individual who asked how to determine if one has a pituitary "mass," all it takes is an MRI that focuses on the pituitary and hypothalamus areas.

Keep us posted.

Warm Wishes,
    LB32 (Leeza)