Recent treatment at Denver FFC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by turquoiselisa, Apr 4, 2007.

1. turquoiselisa

turquoiselisa New Member

Hi everyone,

I've never posted here before, though I've read a few times...I've been using Chinese Medicine to help with my CFS but lately it hasn't been working as well, so I'm investigating other options.

I went to the Denver FFC info night recently and it sounds good but obviously expensive...so I'm wondering if I could hear anyone's experiences who has been treated there recently. I did a search of the message board and read FFC posts, but most of them seemed to be not in the past year.

Thanks for any info or advice!

-TL
  2. munch1958

munch1958 Member

They do help quite a few people. I got tremendous benefit in the beginning but then crashed. The labs they offer are not being done elsewhere. We are still paying off Quest for my treatment beginning in March 2006. I have my lab test results to take to other doctors. I don't have to start all over at the beginning.
  3. turquoiselisa

turquoiselisa New Member

Thanks for your input. Yes, the labs do look comprehensive but expensive.

Anyone else have any recent experience with FFC, especially the Denver location?

Thanks,
    TL
  4. cct

cct Member

Do you attend the Rocky Mountain CFS/FM Association meetings (rmcfa.org) at National Jewish Hospital?

There are a couple of people in that group who have participated in the FFC program. They might be able to give you some more information.

I believe that there is a "discussion" meeting coming up in May. That would be a good opportunity to talk with other RMCFA members.
  5. huckee

huckee New Member

I haven't posted in quite awhile and thought I would check out the boards and saw your message. I started at the Amarillo facility which is now shut down (I think). Like the others said the tests were very comprehensive. I was very disapointed with the doctor at Amarillo which was why I chose to transfer to Denver. The staff as well as the doctors at Denver were great in the beginning. The costs were astronomical and if I didn't follow up I never heard anything from them. They added a considerable amount of "their supplements" that were very costly. I really didn't seem to notice much of a difference. I do have a primary doctor that I have run everything by that they were going to do and have done. He basically said the best thing out of it was the testing. It's been over 6 months at least and I haven't heard a word from the Denver office. That is what really ticked me off. They are very adamant about follow up visits but I haven't heard squat from them. I got varing information between the two FFC clinics which was also confusing. Bottom line I did get some good test results but I don't think they care much as they say they do unless you are close to them in proximity and able to come in for their IV cocktails!
  6. turquoiselisa

turquoiselisa New Member

Huckee, thanks for sharing your experiences with those two FFC centers. I was really interested when I first heard about them, but after reading many of the messages posted on these boards, I'm not so sure now.

CCT, no, I don't attend the Denver meetings so far because it is a long drive for me and my boyfriend's car (which I share) is quite old and occasionally unreliable. Is there any way I might get in touch with the people you mentioned by phone or email? I could give my contact info if that would be better.

Thanks all,
    TL
  7. cct

cct Member

Lisa,

I do not know the names of the people who had a breif discussion regarding the Denver FFC at one of our RMCFA meetings earlier this year.

The president of the group is available for questions through the RMCFA website (rmcfa.org). He cannot give out the phone numbers of members, but he might be able to share his perspective on the FFC.

I know that Mike has not attended the FFC himself, but he has talked with a few people who have participated in the FFC program.