recently diagnosed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CatofDoom, Feb 26, 2006.

1. CatofDoom

CatofDoom New Member

hi everyone! i've recently been diaqgnosed with FMS, and even though i've been doing a lot of reading i still have some questions. maybe you all could help me? i'm currently having a flare up and was wondering what kinds of things do you do to help relieve your pain?

i feel so awful, i don't know if i can explain it. what kinds of things make you feel better (even if it's not physically) a times like this? it's kind of funny, i got my diagnosis almost a month ago and i don't think i've processed the fact that yes, i have a real diagnosis (it took me about 4 1/2 years and a trip to the Cleveland Clinic) and it's FMS. for refrence, i'm a 20 year old college student who lives at home.

also, how do you explain your FMS to friends, collegues, professors, and family?

sorry for all the questions, there's a lot i want to know that my books can't tell me. i also apologize for the apparent randomness of this post, i'm rather medicated at the moment^.^
  2. bct

bct Well-Known Member

Some moniker you've got there!

Hope this site helps you. Please feel free to be as neo-e.e.cummings as you like! i like his poetry too sometimes but really im more a g m hopkins person myself

Best Wishes to you,
    and I wish I had your car!
    Barry
  3. hjr

hjr New Member

i was diagnose about 2 years ago. you could try a tens machine. or mediction. called gabapentin. or acupan. these only give me a bit off relefe. i have fms very bad the only relefe i get is heat. so i try to go abroad as the heat dose me olot off good. you could try heat pads. and voltrol gel. i have triyed alot off pain killers some dont even touch me.my last option that the pain relefe is morphine. but i dont whant to go on it as you can get addicted to it.but if my pain dose not ease off then i may have to go on it..do you have a hydrotheropy pool neare you that will help as the water is very hot. and it helps with the pain. i hope this helps you
    hjr