RECIPES FOR RAW DIET ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 15, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

Sick of salads etc. Anyone got good recipes for raw!!!!!
  2. darude

darude New Member

For responding. I like raw but have been off for awhile and going back as I did much better. Just got bored with it before so thankful for any recipes.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I would love to know where to start.
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I just discovered cellery sticks spread with almond butter. I guess you'd have to find raw almond butter though, because mine was roasted... yummy! Sprinkled some xylitol on there too.

With a raw diet, where do you get your protein?

((hugs)) & HI!!! to Darude, :) Shannon
  5. darude

darude New Member

Coriander Chelation Pesto
    4 cloves garlic
    1/3 cup brazil nuts (selenium)
    1/3 sunflower seeds (cysteine)
    1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
    2 cups packed fresh coriander (cilantro,/Chinese parsley) (vitamin A)
    2/3 cup flaxseed oil or Udo's Choice 4 tablespoons lemon juice (vit C)
    2 tsp dulse powder (or shredded dulse) Japanese miso or tamari

Process the coriander and oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juices and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a squirt of miso or tamari to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well so get hold of coriander in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

Coriander has been shown to chelate toxic metals from the body in a relatively short time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser. Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is purportedly enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead and aluminium thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. This cleanse could be done at least annually. The paste is delicious on toast, baked potatoes, pasta, etc.

6. darude

darude New Member

Olive Tapenade

Have you ever noticed that when you travel on the continent in countries like Spain and Portugal, at the beginning of the meal you are brought a dish of olives? There is a reason for this. Bitter foods like olives open up the bile ducts and cause the bile to flow more freely. Bile is very important for the digestion of fats and this is often a problem for chronically ill people. Taking something bitter at the beginning of a meal can be very helpful. If you like the taste of olives or even if you find them a bit too strong, try this recipe of Bridget's. It's delicious. I didn't like olives too much but this spread is addictive. It also cuts out the desire for sweet foods.

Take a jar or can of pitted olives and put into a blender with some garlic, cider vinegar, fresh herbs and olive oil to mix to a spreadable paste. Keep in the fridge and use instead of butter or margarine on bread, oatcakes, rice cakes or in baked jacket potatoes.
  7. darude

darude New Member

Me to I love it and the pesto is really yummy plus getting rid of all those toxins outta body.
  8. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

1/2 med. fresh beetroot
    1 apple
    1 pear
    2 small carrots
    2 sticks of celery
    Blend together in juicer and serve
  9. darude

darude New Member

Can't wait to try these.