Recommendation/Opinions RE: Therapy Systems???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shinlee, Jul 5, 2003.

1. shinlee

shinlee New Member

Hi all.

Has anyone ever tried the following therapy systems and, if so, what is your opinion. Also, recommend any that are truly beneficial?...

1. Dr. Ho's Massage Therapy System

2. ART for muscle release

3. Hap and Elizabeth Barhydt Balancing techniques on How to relieve stress, pain, etc.

4. Myofascial release (what is difference between ART and MR, by the way)

Thanks and blessings to you all..

Lisa
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One of our members used to tout the effects of ART. I believe that using ART involves stretching while the work is going on on the tender points. I think myofacial release is more passive on the part of the patient.

Perhaps someone else can explain it better.

Love, Mikie
  3. shinlee

shinlee New Member

Good morning Mikie.

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. There are a number of techniques for easing muscle pain that it's hard to know which are bonafide and which are bogus. Then some may work for one person, yet not another.

Right now, it seems certain stretches aggravate my chronic muscle pain in neck/mid-back (see posting is it FM? Arthritis? Chronic Tension?). Went to health food store and was told that many customers receive relief from Be Calm magnesium supplement. It's only been a week, but I don't see much change.

One can get a small fortune in trying to find relief for various health situations. Also been trying to find remedy for 14 yo son who for the last 8 months been suffering prickly heat whenever his body gets heated.

Take care, Mikie.

Lisa

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry your son is suffering from the prickly heat. If you post separately with this topin in the title, perhaps someone here will have a remedy.

The person who used to post about the benefits of ART was quite emphatic about how much it helped him. He also claimed that it helped a lot of other people he knew. He claimed that several did not need carpal tunnel surgery after using ART.

Love, Mikie
  5. shinlee

shinlee New Member

Hi Mikie.

Thank you again for the input. I will post about my son's chronic prickly heat separately. The other bad situation with my wonderful son is that he was diagnosed in March with Bipolar I mania. It's not been easy these past months.

I will also post info from a chiro RE: fibromyalgia that is very, very interesting and may be the answer of a possible "cure" for many fibromyalgia suffering individuals. Look under my post soon that will mention Dr. Grisanti.

Take care.

Lisa