Recommendations for a Minnesota fibro doctor to alleviate pain...?...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by _hope_79, Oct 5, 2009.

1. _hope_79

_hope_79 New Member

I am also from Minnesota (Eagan) I am having a heck of a time finding a doctor that believes in my proactive approach towards pain management! I was a lifetime Park Nicollet patient and had absolutely no luck with the doctors there. They in-fact were downright rude and cruel! I am a 30yr. mother of two and need some quality to my life! I have taken oxycodone in the past and it was amazing, unfortunately when I mention fibro. Doctors avoid me like the plague. I have spent many days and nights in tears from pain and from doc.s disbelief’s.
    Please can someone recommend a doctor?
    Thanks Tanya
  2. frankiesmom

frankiesmom New Member

How far are you from Duluth? I see Dr. Raymond Hausch from the St. Mary's Medical Clinic in Duluth. He is a rheumatologist and is absolutely wonderful. He is one who takes the time to listen to you and really tries to find the best treatment that will work for you. He will prescribe pain meds if nothing else will work (I take hydrocodone) - depending on the quality of life you want to live. If it wasn't for the hydrocodone, I would be house bound. At least now, there are days where I can actually live a half-way normal life. I am never pain-free, but the hydrocodone takes the edge off where I can function. I highly recommend him to anyone who are near that area. I know the Duluth Clinic have offices in other cities, so maybe there is one closer to you.