Recommended movie: Arranged

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juloo, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Juloo

Juloo Member

I got 'Arranged' through Netflix and watched it today. Loved it! It's about two young women -- one an Orthodox Jew, one a Muslim -- who become friends when they begin teaching in public school. Despite the perceived differences of those around them, they have many things in common: loving parents, a shared irritation with their supervisor, and having to navigate the waters of having a marriage arranged for them. Really well done. Thoughtful yet humorous. Sweet, respectful, and a happy ending. I would definitely watch it again!

You can see both the trailer and 'The Making Of...' at YouTube.

Making of:

An edit here -- I noticed that someone has uploaded the movie to YouTube in 9 parts. If anyone is interested to see it before it disappears, the movie starts here:[This Message was Edited on 03/10/2010]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

and like a movie the world should take to heart. If it stays up on youtube for a while, I'll even be able to watch it!

3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Another poster on this board had actually recommended this movie last year, and I meant to view it. Thanks for the reminder!!

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You can now get this movie on Netflix instant streaming. However, the extra features are worth getting the DVD.

I think the movie was shot in two weeks. It is based on a true story.

Oh, almost forgot, I was the one who recommended the movie last year. :>)

5. Juloo

Juloo Member

I *thought* I remembered someone here recommending it. THANK YOU! I enjoyed it a lot, and it's now on my wish list. We don't buy DVDs very much these days, but I would definitely watch this one over and over again.

One of the things I thought so perfect was the casting of the two main characters. They were simply excellent, and their scenes were so natural, with the reserved Rochel and the more outgoing Nasira. There really weren't any parts of the movie I didn't like.

In fact, when I finished it the first time, I watched the extra features then started the movie over again!

If you have any more recommendations like that one, speak up!