Recommended reading for pain management, FMS and CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Jan 10, 2003.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

The February 2003 edition of Prevention Magazine has good articles on pain management and one on FMS, and an interesting comment on page 60 about CFS and the benefits of eating fish. I've been reading Prevention since I was very young, and trust their data and respect their opinions. These DDs are getting more attention these days, to our benefit, I think.

Peace,
    Beth.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/10/2003]
  2. starstella

starstella New Member

I'm visiting my mother tomorrow, today is her birthday. She used to get Prevention magizine, I'll see if she still does.
    Well, I didn't give a kindergartner a hug this week but removed a splinter from someone's dierriere (spelling?). Does that count for something? The young lady was quite grateful to explain her dilemma to someone she knew.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Connie
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

I'm impressed that you removed a splinter from such a tender and personal body area! I have to be very careful about that, with all the fuss about 'wrong touch'. Even as a health professional, that's a problem in the school setting here. Regardless, I definitely think that counts for a lot, and I am certain the student was grateful to have a discreet and professional school nurse to help her (him?) out of that predicament.

If your Mom doesn't have the Prevention issue, it's available in markets, here, at least. The cover is green, so it's easy to spot.

I'm doing ok, going back to work on Monday. I'll just have to put on my 'work face' and do what needs to be done. I need to start planning for vision and hearing screening at my school on Feb. 25, despite a jury summons for Feb. 10. No lack of excitement here, really!

Be well, and enjoy the visit with your mother.

Hugs,
    Beth.
  4. starstella

starstella New Member

I did worry about possible accusations. Luckily, another nurse happened to be in the next room that day so I felt that I had some back up. Sad, isn't it? But I feel that the "end" result was worth the risk. LOL.
    Connie