recommended stretching routine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pasara, Sep 23, 2008.

1. pasara

pasara New Member

does anyone have any good resources to suggest on a stretching routine for someone with CFS, FM and CMP?

i used to do pool therapy, but had to stop due to chemical sensitivity. i have noticed that since stopping my muscles are less supple and less flexible.

i do some stretches, but informally, and would like to develop a specific routine. I have moderately severe CFS, so ANY exertion can send me to bed for a couple days. Need something that does not tax, but helps body stay flexible.

Has anyone developed a series of suggested daily stretches?
    Thanks for your help.
  2. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

Hi, I don't really know any stretching routines for people with CFS/FM, but I've been trying to do Chi Kung, which I have a DVD showing how to do it. It is kind of like Tai Chi, only slower and you don't have to be as coordinated. Dr. Oz talked about doing it on Oprah. It's no impact at all, and it's very meditative. I think it's also spelled differently someplaces, like Chi Quong... anyway, that and maybe yoga might be good, if you only did the poses you were comfortable with. Maybe an occupational or physical therapist could work with you to develope a routine. I've thought about searching out someone myself, because it's hard to know how much exercise is ok before we're over-doing it.
  3. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

I love Callanetics. They're triple slow motion stretches but don't be fooled by how slow they are. They're super effective. I'd start with beginners though.