Reconsideration denied....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catmom50, Nov 16, 2006.

1. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

Received my letter today saying my reconsideration was denied. The reason they state is because I was not disabled (in their eyes) before my SSDI ran out in 2005. I told the doctors I know I have had symptoms since 2000 at least.I just never had the diagnois of FM unitl 2006. I guess maybe the reports or copy of chart failed to say this???
    My question is-Should i go ahead and get an attorney and go to the next step?
    I have changed doctors and seen the new one only once so far.
    How do I go about getting an attorney that will defend me for FM?????
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

That you have been denied, I know how frustrating this must be for you, I have been waiting for 2 yrs and have been denied twice, I finally decided to get a Lawyer,

I got one thru Legal aid here in Canada, the good thing about legal aide is that they do not charge you anything, anyways I got a hearing on October 17 and I just received my approval for disability today!

So I think your best bet is to get a Lawyer and fight this to the bitter end, you can look in your yellow pages of your phone book for lawyers and see which ones deal with Fibro, CFS. make sure you see a Rheumy. I hope this helps a little bit. good luck to you.

love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  3. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi catmom,

I understand your flustration.It's very hard in most cases to get this easily.It's your money you're fighting for I say continue by appealing asap. Look in your local phonebook.There is usualy a listing of lawyers who handle this type of case. I know in my state they are required to give you a free first consulation but not sure about yours.There's a time frame involved so don't miss it or it's back to square one.Ask me how I know? Maineweezie
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

If I understand you correctly, you just started this case
    6 mos ago? If that is indeed the case, don't be discour-
    aged as unfortunately you are most likely just getting
    started! Often takes 18 mos. or more and lots of
    beauracratic delays to accomplish objective.

AS mentioned, get all paper work in on time and just keep
    going thru the motions! They expect and hope you will
    giveup and drop your case! Don't get discouraged.

A Friend,
    MRDAD aka JOE