RECOVERING COMPLETELY FROM FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spongebobmama, Feb 8, 2010.

1. spongebobmama

spongebobmama New Member

DOES ANY KNOW OF ANYBODY WHO RECOVERED FROM FM? I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF THERE IS AN END IN SITE.OR ARE WE DOOMED FOR LIFE? I AM SO AFFECTED BY STRESS.I HAVE A VERY LOW STRESS JOB,LOW STRESS HUSBAND AND FRIENDS.I AVOID ANY STRESS BUT I'M STILL A MESS.15 YEARS OF THIS,BUT MOST OF IT HAS BEEN UNDER THE SHROUD OF ALCOHOL, ATIVAN AND A MIX OF ALL THE STUFF EVERONE HERE HAS MENTIONED.HOLY COW!!!! NOW I'M TRYING TO DO W/O THE ALCOHOL AND ATIVAN AND IT IS NOW ALL TOO REAL.LOVE TO HEAR OF A SURVIVOR STORY.MUCH LOVE, SPONGEBOBMAMA
  2. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

www.caringcounselor.com
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Unfortunately, until you get the alcohol and Ativan addiction under control it is going to be next to impossible to help with the FM.

I can not emphasize enough that ALCOHOL AND ATIVAN CAN BE A LIFE THREATENING COMBINATIONN!!!

Both depress the nervous system and too many nervous system depressants contributed to the death of actress Brittany Murphy's.

If you have stopped the Ativan and alcohol you may be going through withdrawal which needs to be done under a doctor's supervision.

Please call a local hotline or 911.

We want to see you back here!!! Let us know how you are doing.

gap

[This Message was Edited on 02/09/2010]
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I hear what you are saying however if someone has the physical propensity to become addicted easily, you could be substituting one self medicating problem for another.

I am not talking about someone occasionally smoking.

Wow, I have a friend who lives in BC. I will have to visit her, LOL!! Actually, MJ it makes me very sick but I would much rather see someone stoned on MJ than on liquor.

Many people self medicate for their depression so I would suggest an evaluation by a psychiatrist. But are you talking about the medicinal purposes of MJ? I know that it is legal to prescribe Marinol in Indiana but I am not sure what other states have legalized it. My BIL prescribes it to some of his cancer patients.

Peace, mon!! :>)

gap
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

That is what I meant but it may not have been clear in my post.

I know someone who is an alcoholic and also addicted to MJ. He switches back and forth. But it is because of his addictive personality, brain chemistry, whatever.

I've never tried eating it. Maybe I should epand my horizons, LOL!!

gap
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2010]