RECOVERY FROM CFS 50 PERSONAL STORIES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pansy1OK, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

I'd love to talk to anyone else who's read this ebook! It's AWESOME! wHY HAVEN'T i HEARD ABOUT IT BEFORE??!!! - I really recommend for everyone with CFS - especially if you're feeling low and need a boost! There are 50 stories from people who have RECOVERED back to normal life !!! and loads and loads of information like websites and books they found helpful, and advice and some of the them give email addresses so you can email them. .. and for you scepticals, everyone was diagnosed with CFS and Dr Teitelbaum has written the forword! Did you know that Dr Teitelbaum had CFS? Neither did I! I can't remember the website if you want it, but the authors name is Alex Barton, so if you key that in then maybe you'll get the ebook. If you don't, then email me back and I'll try and remember how I found the book! [This Message was Edited on 12/01/2006]
  2. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

If anyone else has read this book can they please email me because I'd love to talk about it with someone!
  3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Thanks for posting this. I still have some problems reading books but I'll see if I can at least find the preview.
  4. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

Hey, I'm so GLAD you found the book! How did it help me? I can't begin to tell you! In a mega-million ways! Firstly, I have been SO depressed and the book has really, really cheered me up! I feel like a different person because now I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I am never going to give up again. I am never going to be so depressed again. Secondly, I have got WEEKS worth of information to follow up on - it's AWESOME the amount of stuff to follow up on if you want to and it's given me so much to do!! There is SO MUCH INFORMATION in this book. There is so much out there that I didn't even know about that I can still try. I've got loads more ideas now of things to try to get well. And some of the stories you wouldn't believe - some of these guys have been ill, like for over 10 years, and seriously ill, and they've gone back to skiing and climbing and bicycling and all those things I thought I would never be able to do again.!!!

Guys if you know anyone who is really depressed, just tell them about the book because I promise you, they will feel much better afterwards!! All the stories have happy endings - it's kinda like chicken soup for the soul only with loads of added websites etc. I only wish it was in paperback too. But hey that's cool - cos you can go straight from the stories to the websites, so I guess it's good as an ebook. All I can say is UREKA !!!!

5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

and I will check it out soon. Thanks for the tip!
  6. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

I will definately order this in a couple days. I already got the free chapter/forward. Ten bucks is a deal. I'd pay more for sure if it were in print, I don't like reading books on computer.

Pandy10k Thank you oodles for putting this info up!

Linda
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

It was encouraging but I think if you have had long-term CFS like myself (10 years) and your immune system has been worn down by stealth viruses ( i just finally got tested for natural killer cell activity .. it's off-the-charts low) then I don't think the case studies in the book offer much help.

I think rest, good nutrition and low stress may help people who are in the post-viral phase.. but once you're a long way down teh path, I think you need some serious help to beat back the pathogens and allow your immune system to recover.

Personally, I am (finally) doing well on Transfer FActor, glutathione and antioxidants. Took me 10 years to get to this point.. and I'm out of work and it could be a while before I get back.. but now.. at least .. I know I will recover.

best
    delia
  8. Kombucha

Kombucha New Member

I just got an e-mail from the author that in a couple days the price will go up, so if I want to buy it at the price of ten dollars now is the time.

Now I am completely turned off and don't want the book anymore.

Ten dollars is a fair price for an e-book, almost pure profit, it's more then Stephen King makes a book!

Linda
  9. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Hmm, yes, but Stephen King sells a lot more books.

Also, if you write an e-book, you have no idea how many books you will sell and thus are taking a big risk. Maybe you will put a lot of effort into it and no one will buy it.

Stephen King gets a big advance, and so there's no risk on his part.

10. elliespad

elliespad Member

Great book. Buy it now while you can get it for $10. Lots of good stuff to research. Just my opinion.
  11. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I've gotten about 1/5 of the way through. So far it's been almost totally about how important it is not to have negative thoughts or have too high expectations for yourself. I agree with that and am going to try to work on that a bit more myself, but I don't think it's the "answer' for me. Life should only be so easy.

Considering how much medicine Dr. Teitelbaum uses at the fFC's, it's interesting that he would write a preface for a book that (so far) suggests that the way to be cured is through positive thinking. But I haven't read the whole book yet.

It does mention food allergies and reflexology in one case study.

Food allergies (as I wrote in another post) are extremely important for me.

and I did very well with reflexology (the kind that's excruciating pain.....the mild stuff does nothing) on a trip to Japan. I should try harder to find a good reflexologist here, although I expect most of them are buried in the Chinese community and don't really see Westerners.

I will report back if I find anything else of interest.
  12. elliespad

elliespad Member

On positive thinking. I didn't get that at all from the book. More along the lines of "don't give up looking for your cure". Cause if we give up searching, we are pretty much guaranteed to stay in the condition we are in. There weren't too many people who stumbled upon their "cure" early in their illness. Most had been sick a LONG time and just kept trying one thing after another.
  13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Just downloaded the free preview and will probably shell out the ten bucks for the E-book (actually a good deal, considering the work that probably went into it). I greatly enjoy reading others' recovery stories, even if it hasn't happened for me yet. Chances are, I'll find something helpful in here: more hope, if nothing else.

Probably the most amazing partial recovery story I've encountered is that of Stephen Paganetti, the bedridden teenager in the film, I REMEMBER ME, who had to be wheeled to his graduation on a gurney. He is now walking again and is travelling to other states, according to the Connecticut CFIDS Association.

[This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  14. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

I know someone who wouldn't buy the book because she thought it was so cheap it couldn't be any good!! She thought if it didn't cost much it couldn't be worth much. I'd pay more for it and I think they deserve more for it. I bet everyone who's read it would agree with me. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for changing the way I view my future - a light has appeared where there was only darkness before.

PS My mate thought the author was really kind to send the email. Apparently the author emailed her because Katie had got the preview and she didn't want her to go back to the website to buy the book to find the price had gone up; so she warned her so she had a chance to buy it first if she wanted to. I think that's real nice. She didn't have to do that, she could've just let her go back and pay more.[This Message was Edited on 12/04/2006]
  15. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Where do you get this book? Do you have the website?

Thanks,

Gretchen
  16. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

I think it's [website address removed as per rules] if I remember correctly
  17. elliespad

elliespad Member

18. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Bumping to the top.

Hugs,
    Carolin
  19. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

I actually downloaded this book before christmas but haven't read it yet. Someone on this website mentioned it so I bought it. I guess I need to actually sit down and read it!

Take Care,
    Pam