RECOVERY FROM CFS 50 Personal Stories

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Daf124, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Daf124

Daf124 New Member

Hi, I have just bought this book from Amazon and it is fantastic. Has anyone else got it? I would love to discuss it. Thanks.
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi daf. i read some of the book before it was published. they used to have it online for $15.

i wasn't too impressed by it because the parts i read had only people who weren't sick for very long like i was....BUT i only read parts of the book.

i am glad it gave you hope because there is hope!

3. llelnino

llelnino New Member

I ordered it a few days ago but it hasnt arrived yet.

4. spacee

spacee Member

She was a patient of Dr. Cheney. He told her that she did not, however, have the full constellation of CFS symptoms. By that, he meant, she did not have the cognitive issues.

She did go through hell for about 6 years though. She had to hire everything done...the house cleaning, grocery shopping so that she could still work parttime.

5. Daf124

Daf124 New Member

Well now they have stories from people who were ill for a very long time, a few were ill over 20 years. I found it very positive and uplifting and I am feeling a lot more cheerful after reading it.
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Dal124, Welcome to the board!!

I think we had someone on the board who was mentioning this book several months ago.

The main criticism was whether some of the people really had CFS.

Do you have CFS? Have you tried some of the therapies?

GA[This Message was Edited on 09/04/2008]
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

the people who recovered after 20 yrs..may i ask how they recovered?

thank you!!!
  8. bakeman

bakeman New Member

9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Deja vu, all over again?