RECOVERY FROM CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pansy1OK, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

Anyone else found the new ebook of recovery stories? It's called "Recovery from CFS - 50 Personal Stories" and it has a foreword by Dr Teitelbaum. If you haven't read it you should because it will really cheer you up! It's a fantastic resource too cos every story has recommended websites and books, advice etc and quite a lot of the authors give their email addresses so you can contact them as well if you want to! If you ain't read it yet - I really recommend it!
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

YES ! I've read it. Wonderful book. I had trouble tearing myself away. A LOT of avenues to persue. I took notes as I read. ThinkI need to go back and read it again. You will enjoy for sure.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/27/2006]
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Where did you get it?

Thanks,

CherylSue
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

You can purchase the book online for $10 or you can get a 3-chapter e-book, for free, by entering your email on their website. Just do a search for Recovery From CFS and Alex Barton. It even comes with a 30 day - money back guarantee.
  5. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My husband downloaded it for me and I read it. I freaked out though when someone mentioned that those who recover from CFS have relapses within 5 years. That's what happened to me personally. I couldn't sleep most of the night. I've had 3 major relapses, and I don't want to get this ever again. It's just too horrible.

Freaking out.

CherylSue
  6. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

Hi - where did it say that you can relapse within 5 years? I never read that anywhere!! Where did you read it?
  7. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

Some of those stories people have been well for years!! Off the top of my head I remember Clare's story and she was well for 10 years and gone back to work as a doctor.
  8. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

I don't remember whose story, but it was a least halfway down through the entire EBook where it was mentioned. It just upset me, and still does. I like to think I can eventually get this CFS under control.

CherylSue
  9. Pansy1OK

Pansy1OK New Member

Don't worry - I am sure you will. The bible says that "Fretting only leads to evil" (Sam something) and I'm sure it's true!