Recuperat-ion..May help someone else

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Diva55, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi everyone
    I've been taking Recuperat-ion for almost 7 months & it has really helped me with the pain aspect.

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has tried it and what their results have been.

Best wishes
    Diva55

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2007]
  2. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I haven't seen her posting here lately - she says it helps her too.

I couldn't stand the taste of it - it made me vomit however I tried to disguise the taste but glad you are getting good results with it.

Love Bunchy x
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

A lot of the folks on there say it has helped a lot with the pain.

I have CFS, I took it for a while, but I was doing v. badly at the time, and taking a ton of stuff.. so unsure if it helped or not.

Delia
  5. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Bunchy & Deliarose
    Thanks for your replies.

Bunchy: you must have tried the saline version! I've had the lemon & orange flavours which are o.k. The saline is best mixed with juice.
    As the saline is much cheaper I will order that next time.

Deliarose: I'm part of the Yahoo group. It's where I went after discovering Alfred Blasi's original story. I wanted to confirm that it was working for people before I plunged into trying it.

I was very sceptical as most other things had not worked for me but as I was desperate I eventually ordered some. I was so surprised by the effect and would recommend it.

However as you have CFS - I'm not sure as I never felt an energy effect from it, just great for pain management.

Best wishes
  6. paulmack

paulmack New Member

What is Recuperation & where do you get it?I did a Google on it but nothingabout supplements came up?
    I've got Fibro & still haven't found anything which truly manages the pain so I'm keen to learn more about it,
    Thanks,Paul.
  7. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Paulmack
    If you google Alfred Blasi (can't post a link here) you will get his story and how he came up with the components of Recuperation. It's a great story & my starting point for looking into it.
    Alfred passed over his formula & took no money for the formula or for sales as he wanted to just help people.

There is a Yahoo health group but not many people post now - maybe they all got better!

Recuperation is only sold in Spain as an OTC Sports type of drink (don't let that put you off) in powdered sachet format. You order it over the internet. It has a specific ratio of Sodium, potassium, magnesium & calcium.

Don't ask me why this ratio works & supplements on their own don't. It certainly worked for me but obviously no guarantees on how other people react to it.

It can take months before you feel the benefits & it is expensive. You have to be with it for the long haul - it's not an instant fix but I felt the effects after about 3-4 months and then started to withdraw from Lyrica as I felt Recuperation was doing the job that Lyrica was prescribed for - pain management.

If you google recuperat-ion you should find more info as well.

Let me know if I can help with further info.

Best wishes

[This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  8. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Thanks for the info,will check it out.I'm sure I came across Alfred Blasi's blog a while back but can't remember the Recuperation thing.Thanks for that,it always makes an article more pertinent to us if someone has tried something which has worked for them.
    Regards,Paul.
  9. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Let me know how your research goes & what you think.
    Obviously I can answer any questions you have.

Best wishes
  10. tansy

tansy New Member

I used it until a few months ago and only stopped because I wanted to fund other supps etc. Recup had a beneficial effect and I'm sure using it long term helped address the ion channelopathy found in ME. Whne I took breaks before I realised how much it had helped; this time there were no ill effects so I hope that's another indicator of progress.

TC, Tansy
  11. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Tansy
    Glad it's helping you.

It's now the one supplement I won't do without. I've tried so many things, as we all have, & this is the only one that has helped me in a major way with pain relief.

I'm now going to give Cellfood a shot for the fatigue side as I've heard good reports about that - well it works for some!

Best wishes

12. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

to hear that it helps with pain.

I have a lot of muscle stiffness and pain especially in my back, top of legs and shoulders.

Might this help with that sort of pain?

Glad to hear it is helping you.

Love Bunchy x
  13. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Hi Bunchy
    If you are talking about typical FMs pain - then yes Recuperation has helped a lot with that.

I have taken Lyrica for over 2 years and wanted to wean off it as it's a powerful drug. It did help a lot with the pain but I wanted an alternative.

Recuperation, for me, now manages the pain almost as well as Lyrica - I have done various pain experiments (days with & without both Lyrica & Recup) to confirm this!

Recuperation is no easy fix and I've been taking it for about 8 months now. It took about 4 months to kick in but some have reported much shorter times for help. But some have not been helped with it - as always some things work for some!

I still take Lyrica in much small doses - really to help with sleep but am looking for an alternative.

Recuperation is not cheap and you have to invest in time for it but personally as I said I would not be without it.

Best wishes
  14. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Bump for Bunchy
  15. California31

California31 New Member

Thanks.....
    [This Message was Edited on 03/22/2007]
  16. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

The prices are on the web site where you order it from Spain. I think they are only in euros so you have to convert it.

They also differ for the different flavours.

I pay approx £150 for 4 months supply at 2 sachets a day. so that's roughly $300.

I can't post the website link here as it's a commercial link. so google recuperat-ion & you'll find it.

17. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Hmmm...interesting.

I might try this at some point but it is expensive and since we have just used all our spare cash on a tropical vacation in May, I'll have to wait for some more funds :)

Thanks for the info though,

Love Bunchy x

18. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

Prickles
    Glad your friend is getting a benefit from it - how long has she been using it?

It's always a lucky dip with trying a new supplement but I'm so glad I went for this one.
  19. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

May help someone else
  20. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Bunchy

There have been a significant number of PWFM who have found Recup helped with pain and exercise tolerance. My pain levels improved overtime and cannot say for sure that Recup made much of a difference. It did help with excercise/physical activity tolerance, muscle cramps and it dampened down some of my symptoms related to imbalanced electrolytes.

It can take time for the benefits to show which makes it difficult to know if using it is just a waste of money. Fortunately there were subtle signs after a few weeks for me.

TC, Tansy