Recuperating from My Recent Knee Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Aug 22, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Well, I had my second knee surgery last Thursday.

I'm not doing as well this time, partially because my other knee has not fully healed yet.

I did get some bad news ...... he told me that my knee was shot!!! He said it was bone on bone and nothing else in there and that I am going to need a total knee replacement a whole lot sooner than I had planned! Ugh!!! :(

I had wanted to wait until next year--to give me a chance to lose some weight so my recuperation would be a lot easier.

I'm also still fighting my UTI that I've had through 3 courses of different antibodics!! I had a urine culture done 2 days before the surgery and have not yet heard back from the doctor yet about its results.

Hugs,
    jlh
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Sorry to hear that you are going through this.....

Prayers and Blessings to you..........Susan
  3. Bambi

Bambi New Member

with this recovery than the first and that you are facing replacement sooner than anticipated. As if we don't have enough problems!! AND a UTI on top of it all. You poor thing!

I'll be thinking of you and hoping this surgery heals quickly and you at least feel better than you did before the surgery for as long as possible.

My husband had one knee done a couple of years ago and hasn't had the other one done as he just didn't feel that much improvement. He won't even discuss a replacement surgery but unfortunately I'm sure he will have to face it eventually. He suffers a lot with his knees! Take care~~Bambi
  4. misskoji

misskoji Member

some prayers and wishes for you to feel better soon!
    Deanna
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm sorry to hear your knee is hurting worse than the other one did. So did he give you a time line for the knee replacement surgery?

I thought I got rid of my UTI, but it seems to be coming back. I have been drinking apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup, 2 x a day. If that doesn't wake you up, I don't know what will. lol I have to chase it with water.

You might want to try the apple cider vinegar. I hope I don't get to the point of having to go back to the doctor again. That will run us $117 again and insurance didn't consider $19 at all and only paid it at 75%.

Sending you good wishes and prayers you will feel lots better.

I'm falling asleep at the computer. lol

Love,
    Faye
  6. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

I feel for you, I just had my surgery in november. I wish you well.
  7. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, jlh! I'm glad to hear you're recuperating but I'm sorry to hear that you need a knee replacement sooner than you thought.

The UTI must also be frustrating. I assume you're taking probiotics with the antibiotics?

Hang in there.

Marta

8. ckball

ckball New Member

I have been worried about you. I have a response to you on our last thread.

I hope you start feeling better soon. I am sorry to hear about the knee replacment. My 78 year old aunt had her's done about 2 years ago. She did really well. She does have other health issues but the knee is fine.

I know about the UTI's a real pain, no oun inteneded. I hope it clears up soon.

I just wanted to say I'm glad your back. Take care and let your family pamper you some,hehe. Write when you can-Carla
  9. JLH

JLH New Member

Thanks to you all for your replies, you concern is very heartwarming.

You know, I really think having a total knee replacement might be my answer to pain relief in this left leg, that is, after I totally recuperate from the surgery!! LOL

I am thinking of having gastric bypass surgery SOON. I have to do something to lose weight--and a lot of it!

I know not only my knees, by all my other joints, etc., would feel so much better if I were only lighter.

I have an appt. on 9/5/06 to discuss the gastric bypass with the surgeon who does it.

Hugs,
    Janet
  10. misskoji

misskoji Member

I want to express my concerns for you, I hope you don't take offense hun. PLEASE don't get a gastric bypass. I was going to get one and thank the Lord, I backed out. Now we're learning on all of the negative effects of this surgery. Your body fails to absorb the nutrients it needs, further adding to health problems! Yes, you are to take a supplement everyday for the rest of your life, but do you really think that is enough for the price you would have to pay? What if it weren't enough? What if you were malnurished, imagine your health then! Your body is very delicate as it is hun, please don't compromise it further.

I STRONGLY encourage you to do more research on this! There has been much follow up studies done on GP patients. Yes, some are fine, but alot are having problems!

I know how hard it is to be active and excersize I dont do much myself either, it hurts. With your knee, I'm sure it makes it much more impossible.

I just wanted to express my concerns to you hun! I know you are in pain now, but I don't want you to suffer any more than you are now in the long run!

Hugs,
    Deanna
  11. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope you're back on your skateboard soon.

Have you heard about problems w/ dental work for those w/ a knee replacement? I will post about it if you like.