Recurrent Skin Boils … Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by happycfs, Jan 6, 2015.

1. happycfs

happycfs Member

Hi Guys!

I have never gotten boils before in my life. That is, until this past year! Nw they won't go away! I have been using antibiotic soap and I have very good personal hygiene. I keep getting these horribly painful and just plain gross infectious abscesses in my thigh area. I have now had one boil that has grown, and then I drain it, and then it goes away, and then it comes right back again, three times in a row. These things are extremely painful and take a lot of maintenance. I have tried rubbing alcohol like crazy and triple antibiotic ointment after draining. Of course, I have used sterile bandages as well. I have used Hibiclens Antimicrobial soap and it just does not seem to make a dent.

I am a man, and I have lots of hair on my legs too, so that causes many more complications. I am housebound and going to the Dr is extremely difficult and likely to lead to passing out and being bedridden for weeks after. So I am reallyyy hoping to figure this out at home.

Anyone have experience with recurring skin infections like this, or know of any remedies that actually work? It would mean a lot! Thank you…..
  2. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I kept getting those big painful boils in my crotch area for over a year. It was from undiagnosed Type II Diabetes. Way too high blood sugar.

When I found out I had diabetes and treated my high blood sugar level, the boils totally went away for good. What a relief.

I understand how hard it is to get to a doctor appointment with our severe CFS. And the long payback for weeks afterward.

If you can get someone to pick you up an over the counter home blood glucose meter at the drugstore for about $20, you could check for diabetes at home. That's what I did.

Then if your sugar's too high - mine was through the roof - it would be worth the trip and post-extertional payback to get to the doctor for medication for it. Actually life-saving.

Other symptoms of diabetes are thirst and urinating a lot, which are also what I had.

Another symptom I had was getting out of breath real bad - panting - just walking to bathroom and back. This symptom went away when I treated my high blood sugar.

This is just one idea for the boils. Diabetes was the cause of my boils. And the boils went totally away never to return after I got my blood sugar level under control.

If you don't have high blood sugar, another idea for infected boils is if you can stomach high-dose garlic capsules - 1,000 mg. - that's what I take for a powerful antibiotic for any and all infections. Maybe it would help for infected boils. I didn't think of garlic til after the boils went away, so don't know how it would work for boils.

But seems an antibiotic (garlic for me) would be in order. For a bad infection, I take a 1,000 mg. garlic capsule 4 times a day for about 10 days, just as you would a prescription antibiotic. Then down to one capsule a day for a maintenance dose as needed.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  3. bubesuze

bubesuze Member

bubesuze here, I suffered from boils for years. I think, they came on suddenly and disapered suddenly. I think the disaperance was a combination of the strong antibitics for the MRSA infection and the fact that I became cellurly healthy. I was put on Medifast for weight control, where I lost 100 pounds about four years ago, and I still am on it for maintenance, although I should do it better to take off what I have gained since. There are salves to put on the boiles, which take care of them in the short term. Try to get your Dr to write a script for you for blood tests that tell you which vitamins and minerals your system is missing or you have a low number of. That seemed to work for me. I know that everyone is different, but if you don't try, you will never know!
  4. dannysnanny

dannysnanny Member

I used to have horrible boils/carbuncles, also. I am diabetic and haven't had one for a long time, but I let them fester until they drained by themselves even tho it hurt like hell, then I washed it really well with hibiclens, then I made a politice out of essential oils equal parts of frankincense, myrrh, and tea tree oil. The first two are expectorants and tea tree oil is an antifungal, antiseptic. I had tried everything else even going to get them lanced, over and over. The tree oil may burn a bit but the relief was worth it for me. Also, while waiting for it to come to a head, I used tea tree oil and just rubbed it on there. Just want to mention that I was told by a nurse after an operation that when neosporin has been on your skin for 8 hours, it starts producing its own bacteria. I'm definitely not a doctor, my suggestions are what I found that worked for me.
  5. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

Hi happycfs, I use to have this same problem...

There is a possible systematic infectious component to you recurses. I know Mrsa infection is something you want to avoid at all cost.

What was my solution?

Elimination diet: Healing Strategies: 101

Gluten - Dairy - Nuts and Nut flours must be eliminated from diet.

-Nothing feeds this systematic infections more than a high carbohydrate diet...

See more here:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  6. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I used to get painful boils on ny face when I turned 3o.So sore!!!!!!!And symetrical as well?????
    When I was 40ish started getting them in the anal area..........Could not sit down or wash properly because to touch them would bring tears!
    I am now 62 ans STILL get the anal abcesses....................
    This year I have had cellulitis/phlebitis on lower leg/shingles twice under armpits/ and the last 2 weeks have a fungal infection starting in cheeks of butt and going up and out on back !!!!!!!!! Red sore and itchy!
    I think all these infections are connected in some way but Docs say NO.
    Hell...what do they know???
    Take care Rena