Rec'vd letter from SSDwanting my signature...??what is this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Oct 5, 2006.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I already have an attorney and waiting for a hearing. I received a letter today from SSD regarding the hearing, explaining the Adminis. Law Judge, and my signature.

But....in the middle it states: I have no additional evidence to submit.

Is this a letter trying to get me to sign? I DO have more evidence to submit. Besides, my attorney is handling my case.

Anyone else received this letter prior to theor ALJ Hearing?

I know I'm going to call my attorney in the morning but was just curious.

Thank you,

BlueSky555
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Bump Please???
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i don't recall getting one of those before...but doesn't mean i didn't or did get it...too long for me to remember,,

just chill you will win your case...you have an attorney use them....they will give you the facts...and i wouldn't sign it until i called attorney...

jodie
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you, jodie, for responding. I definitely wasn't going to sign it because of that statement, "I have no additional evidence to submit", in it because I DO have some.

I just wanted to see if anyone else received this letter or maybe they are trying to back me down, who knows?

I'll call my attorney first thing in the morning.

Thank you,

BlueSky555
  5. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I haven't receive one like that. There is one that will come before your hearing. It is from the judge that will be at your hearing. It tells when the hearing is and where, and what time. There is a page you do have to sign to let the judge know that you will appear. My attorney sent a letter to this same judge prior to the letter and it was the same one. And to expect it.

It is good that you will call your attorney. If they sent you that, he should get a copy of it. If you look at the end of the letter, see if your attorney's name at the cc.

Hopeing the best for you. I had my hearing and still waiting for the decision.

>^..^<

Rose
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi Hon,

Just wanted to let you know I received such a letter weeks before my hearing...I had to sign the form that stated I would be there and if I had additional info to send...

My lawyer received the same bunch the same day and was on it immediately...He then sent me an entire package to go over of how to act in the hearing and exactly what was going to take place along with ways to answer the questions asked of me...It was very informative and helped me through the hearing well...
    The lawyers papers also asked if I had any further doc visits, new meds etc, as of a certain date...I had not...

This sounds perfectly normal to me just don't sign anything til you read it and your lawyer sees it and okays it...My lawyer told me to sign the paper at once and mail it in so the hearing would be on the schedule (apparently there is something about that form and the final scheduling)

I just had my hearing and posted here about it, I am glad that is over...Phew!

Let us know when it is, we will send support your way...

Good Luck~Alicia